Environmental Design & Research, Landscape Architecture, Engineering, & Environmental Services, D.P.C. (EDR) is seeking an experienced, team-oriented Archaeology Project Manager with demonstrated expertise in Archaeology and Cultural Resources Management. This role will be focused on serving as the Principal Investigator and/or Project Manager for cultural resources surveys and assessments for transportation, renewable energy, and infrastructure projects (including Solar and Offshore Wind Energy Projects ). This role would be a full-time position based in the Northeastern United States and may be either remote or report to one of EDR's offices in New York, Pennsylvania, or Ohio.
The ideal candidate will meet the Secretary of the Interior's Professional Qualifications in Archaeology (36 CFR Part 61) and have a MA or PhD in Anthropology, Archaeology, History, or similar field of study. This is a senior technical role requiring 10 years of experience in a similar or related position in a professional setting. Essential skills include:
* Demonstrated experience managing and serving as the Principal Investigator for large archaeology projects.
* Demonstrated experience scheduling, coordinating, and directing archaeological field personnel for archaeological survey (i.e., Phase I) and excavations (i.e., Phase II/III investigations).
* Demonstrated experience managing client and agency communications for archaeological projects, including SHPO, THPO, and similar stakeholders/consulting parties.
* Demonstrated experience managing and navigating project reviews under state licensing, Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act, and/or the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).
* Strong research, data analysis, and writing skills, and demonstrated ability to prepare and review cultural resources reports, including Phase I, II, and III archaeological reports, and similar types of studies.
* Demonstrated experience preparing proposals, scopes of work, project budgets, invoicing, change orders, and project management.
* Working knowledge of GIS and GPS technology, mapping, analysis, and data processing.
* Ability to independently conduct and oversee archaeological investigations, significance evaluations, and treatment recommendations.
* Ability to travel (locally and out of state when required).
* Ability to work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions at times for extended hours (over 8) and multiple days.
Preference will be given to candidates with a diverse skill set who are able to support EDR's related client services, including assistance with research/report writing for archaeology projects, planning and/or landscape architecture projects, environmental impact assessment, GIS mapping/analysis, visual impact assessment, and/or technical report writing/editing.
EDR is dedicated to creating and sustaining a better environment - for our employees, clients, and communities.
EDR is a multi-disciplinary environmental consulting and design firm that has been in business for over 40 years. Our staff includes a diverse group of environmental professionals that includes ecologists, botanists, wetland specialists, wildlife biologists, GIS specialists, archaeologists, historians, visualization specialists, planners, landscape architects, and engineers. EDR began providing cultural resources services in 2010, and since that time has conducted hundreds of archaeological investigations, cultural resources surveys, and historic preservation projects in the Mid-Atlantic and the Northeast. Our senior cultural resources staff meet the Secretary of Interior's Guidelines (per 36 CFR Part 61) in their respective fields.
We are committed to providing a workplace, culture, and benefit/compensation set that truly values our team members, regardless of seniority, job title, location, or discipline. At EDR, collaboration is encouraged, new ideas and opinions are sought, and every employee's happiness, growth, satisfaction, and contribution matter. Come join our team, work on interesting and challenging projects, and collaborate with our talented group of professionals!
To apply for this position, please visit https://www.edrdpc.com/our-firm/career-opportunities.