ICF (NASDAQ: ICFI) is a $1.5 billion global consulting firm. With 7k+ people in 70 countries, we were recently named one of Forbes' 2020 Best Management Consulting Firms for the sixth consecutive year and are named one of Forbes' best midsize employers.
We're growing rapidly and successful capture is key to that growth. We're seeking a Capture Manager to drive positioning and capture of new business development opportunities within our energy, environment, and infrastructure business. You will join a team of supportive and dedicated business development professionals who are passionate about winning meaningful work and helping our clients solve their toughest challenges.
You will guide strategy discussions and lead positioning activities for a wide range of opportunities. Working collaboratively with market/business development leaders, the focus is on environment & planning and climate & resilience related opportunities across our transportation, water, and energy sectors. You will provide strategic and tactical leadership, working with subject matter experts, to maximize ICF's win probability.
Learn more about our work here. This is a remote-based position within the continental US.
What you'll be doing:
* Leading the pursuit team to fully qualify multi-million-dollar opportunities and increase probability of winning through innovative thinking and bold action.
* Leading the development of the win strategy and identifying critical activities and resources needed to increase the win probability.
* Ensuring client-focused activities are taking place, including devising call plans, setting up and attending key client and stakeholder meetings in concert with business leaders and subject matter experts throughout the life of the pursuit.
* Conceiving the overall teaming strategy to include sourcing teaming partners and negotiating teaming agreements and work share prior to RFP/RFQ release.
* Ensuring win strategies and differentiators are compelling to our clients and aligned to their priorities, etc.
* Collaborating with the solution lead/subject matter experts to develop a technical solution that is vetted with the client.
* Reporting on the progress of the pursuit and communicating issues to leadership in the event they arise.
* Working with marketing to develop necessary thought leadership, campaigns, or social media activity.
* Ensuring the messages developed during capture are clear and transferrable for proposal development.
What you must have:
* 5+ years of business development experience cultivating clients and potential teaming partners, preferably with professional services firm(s) serving state and local, federal government, and commercial clients.
* 3+ years experience leading and winning captures for new business opportunities greater than $1 million.
* Bachelor's degree.
* Prior experience with established proposal methodologies to inform the capture process and how it translates into a compelling proposal.
* Firm understanding of a disciplined capture process - able to develop sound win strategy and value propositions that lead to a winning proposal aligned to the client's unique needs and priorities.
* Direct experience in the environment & planning or climate & resilience space related to the transportation, water, or energy sectors.
* Agile decision-making, valuing diversity of thought, with the ability to apply sound judgment to make informed decisions.
* Ability to identify and facilitate the assignment and allocation of resources and prioritize effectively in limited time frames to achieve desired objectives and established milestones.
* Strong relationship management skills, emphasizing active listening and communications.
* Demonstrated competence in leading and influencing high-performance teams.
* Customer focus, with the ability to decipher customer environment and interpret into specific needs.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work as part of an integrated business development team.
* Strong proficiency in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Pay Range - There are multiple factors that are considered in determining final salary for a position, including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, skills, certifications and competencies that align to the specified role, geographic location, education and certifications as well as contract provisions regarding labor categories that are specific to the position. The salary range for Colorado is -
$107,354.00 - $182,501.00
Nationwide Remote Office (US99)