Job DescriptionAssociate, ClimateHXE PartnersStart date: As soon as possibleLocation: Remote
HXE Partners helps clients achieve their sustainability and environmental, social and governance (ESG) goals. We support the development, management, and integration of sustainability best practices within organizations.
With experience across sectors, we develop the tools and provide the expertise to apply sustainability best practices that make financial sense. We collaborate with our clients from start to finish, focusing on their needs while producing new ideas, developing effective strategies, and delivering high quality and scalable results.The Opportunity
The Associate, Climate will be a key member of HXE's dynamic and growing team, onboarding and supporting new client accounts as well as contributing to HXE's business development and marketing opportunities. We work with leading companies across a variety of industries and the Associate will be working directly with and advising high-level stakeholders. The Associate, Climate will have the opportunity to work on high impact, strategic projects to implement best ESG management practices, which in turn create real business value for our clients.Key Responsibilities
Successful Candidates Would
- Development of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions inventories and third-party assurance of GHG data
- Identify, assess, quantify and manage and report climate risks
- Provide practical and feasible adaptation and resilience solutions and strategies
- Develop strategies and reporting aligned with TCFD, SASB, SBTi and net zero strategies
- Performance of scenario analysis per the TCFD across a range of scenarios and sectors
- Delivering on end-to-end Science Based Targets workstreams, from carbon footprint baseline year calculations to carbon reduction forecasting / pathways and submission to the SBTi
- Support the expansion our climate change and decarbonization service offerings
- Help lead stakeholder engagement interviews across a variety of functions and industries to source underreported or new ESG performance data and information.
- Contribute to HXE's thought leadership as a strategic ESG advisor by supporting various firm business development, communication and marketing activities.
- Experience with carbon accounting (Scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions), data verification and reporting (across a range of protocols and regulatory regimes)
- Experience identifying reduction potentials and preparing scenario-based emissions forecasts, roadmaps and decision papers
- Understanding of how to implement sustainability, ESG, SBTi, net zero, with a particular interest in ESG and climate risk assessment and management
- Understanding of sustainability/ESG and climate accounting, management and disclosure standards and guidance such as ISO14064, TCFD, SASB, CDP, SBTi, EU Taxonomy, SFDR, etc.
- Have previous experience in corporate sustainability/ESG reporting, data verification and project management, or general management consulting with demonstrated interest in ESG issues
- Be able to communicate and give presentations effectively and professionally, ideally at the C-Suite and executive management level, with strong writing and editing abilities
- Familiarity with ESG rating agencies such as ISS, MSCI and Sustainalytics and third-party ESG software tools
- Want to learn new concepts and industry best practices within a fast-paced, high-performance consulting environment
- Be comfortable overseeing and executing on multiple projects and high-quality deliverables simultaneously with excellent time management skills and sense of prioritization
About HXE Partners
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Availability to start as soon as possible
HXE Partners is an advisory firm focused on helping clients achieve their sustainability and environmental, social and governance (ESG) goals. We support the development, management, and integration of sustainability best practices within organizations. With experience across sectors, we develop the tools and provide the expertise to apply sustainability best practices that make financial sense. Our clients include leading Fortune 500 companies and private equity firms operating globally.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Remote
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
The pay range for this role is $105,000 to $120,000. Individual compensation will be commensurate with the candidate's experience.