Tradebe is an international leader in waste reclamation and recycling solutions managing more than two million tons of waste annually, recycling 60% of that waste. Providing environmental services since 1984 through the treatment, recovery and recycling of waste, we also serve various markets including industrial, manufacturing, petrochemical, pharmaceutical, oil & gas and more. Tradebe is committed to the waste hierarchy with our efforts focusing on Reducing, Recycling & Recovering the waste we manage. We are the waste management leader in Europe, the United States; and one of the largest global companies in the environmental sector by managing 85 fixed plants in Europe, (Spain, UK and France), the United States; with over 2,100 employees worldwide.
Tradebe is hiring a Lab Pack Chemist to join our Technical Services Team! We are open to an entry level candidate or a candidate with experience in the environmental services industry.
Candidate must be willing to obtain CDL Class B License (cost and training covered by Tradebe) and drive a box truck.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Be responsible for the proper classification, identification, packaging, and labeling of hazardous waste
* Processing of regulatory paperwork to ensure compliance with all environmental regulations and internal procedures
* Depack lab pack material at the plant if necessary
* Be responsible for the sampling of drums
* Adherence to all DOT standards when transporting materials.
* This position requires extensive travel and will require employees to work in the weather elements each day.
* A Bachelor degree in Chemistry, Environmental Science, or other related science is preferred.
* Candidates that have relevant experience in the field (non-degree) will be considered. Level I requires 0-1 years of experience, Level II requires 1-2 years of related experience, and the level III requires 2 or more years of related experience.
* A basic knowledge of or desire to learn hazardous waste field is preferred.
* Successful completion of OSHA/DOT Physical examination, Drug Screen, and Background check; a valid Driver's License (with a good driving record), are required.
* The ability to obtain a Class B CDL license with Haz-mat endorsement within six months of hire
* Willingness to travel
* Ability to wear a full-face respirator at all times, are required.
* Applicants with CDL licenses are preferred.
Why Tradebe is Right for You
* Competitive pay and benefits
* Student loan repayment assistance
* Generous vacation and sick plans
* Medical (including telehealth), dental and vision
* 401k Retirement
* Flexible spending accounts (FSA)
* Health savings accounts (HSA)
* Agency paid, basic life and AD&D insurance
* Supplemental, voluntary life insurance & AD&D
* Agency paid, short & long term disability
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Career ladders, professional development, and promotion opportunities
* Leadership opportunities
* Great work environment and culture
* And MORE!
Powered by JazzHR