* Reviews and interprets test/investigation results and makes recommendations for modifications as necessary.
* Prepares, reviews, and updates safety/environmental investigation reports and recommends countermeasures to prevent future issues.
* Collaborates with environmental scientists, planners, engineers, hazardous waste specialists and program brokers, and other ex-perts in law and business to address safety/environmental problems.
* Obtains, updates, and maintains plans, permits, and standard operating procedures in relation to safety and environmental im-pacts.
* Monitors progress of safety and/or environmental improvement programs.
* Inspects industrial and municipal facilities to evaluate operational effectiveness and ensure compliance with safety and environ-mental regulations.
* Prepares hazardous waste manifests and land disposal restriction notifications.
* Maintains and revises safety/environmental documentation and procedures.
* Conducts safety and/or environmental testing to monitor workplace safety, occupational health, and environmental hazards. Reviews and interprets test/investigation results. Informs management of any issues or potential problems.
* Investigates accidents, production processes working conditions and ergonomic concerns to determine compliance with applicable regulatory requirements. Collects data and prepares reports. Coordinates with engineering staff to institute control and reme-dial measures for hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions and equipment. Gathers safety and/or environmental data to ensure compliance with federal and state regulatory agencies such as OSHA/VOSH, EPA/VDEQ, DOT/PHMSA, NFPA, HRSD, and local recycle commission.
* Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Occupational Safety and Health or related field and 2-5 years' experience in safety, occupational health, or environmental compliance.
* Through knowledge of Federal/State/Local regulations with regard to safety and environmental issues (e.g., OSHA, NFPA, EPA, DEQ).
* Strong communication, organization and interpersonal skills required.
* Certification in First Aid/CPR/AED, Bloodborne Pathogens, HAZWOPER 24hr. or 40hr., and DOT Hazmat Employee required.
* Certification in OHSA 10- or 30-hour General Industry Standard's course preferred.
* Experience in Microsoft Office. Must be 18 years of age to apply!
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at our client are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.