* Upstream Process Scientist - Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: Prepare laboratory reagents, solutions and culture media Perform lab-scale upstream processing of vaccine products and process intermediates (including Biosafety Level-2 organisms).
* Setup process equipment for lab-scale experiments.
* Perform in-process monitoring assays Analyze, collate, track, and report data back to client staff members.
* Maintain records and test results following good laboratory practices (GLP) Work independently and efficiently.
* Document work clearly and perform tests accurately Communicate effectively with client staff members.
* Basic Minimum Qualifications: B.S. in Biology, Bio/chemistry, Bio/chemical Engineering, or related science At least six months of laboratory experience in upstream bioprocessing (e.g., bioreactor operations, mammalian cell culture in plates).
* The ideal candidate would possess: General laboratory skills, experience with aseptic manipulations, pipettes Experience in operating bioreactors Experience in culturing microbial and/or mammalian cells.
* Experience performing basic cell-based assays (e.g., cell counting, optical density, metabolite analysis, imaging) Experience using formulas and linking spreadsheets in Excel Highly computer literate.
* Capable of quickly learning and adapting to new computer programs. Strong computer, scientific, and organizational skills.
* Excellent communication (oral and written) and attention to detail Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude.
* Ability to learn new techniques, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, keep accurate records, follow instructions, and comply with company policies.