Job DescriptionGroundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES)
, an industry leader with a reputation for excellence in providing environmental consulting, engineering, compliance, and technical field services to clients in diverse market sectors, seeks a well-rounded Natural Resource Specialist/ESG with field experience in ecological and stream assessments, wetland delineation, permitting, mitigation and preservation for our Exton, Pennsylvania location.Responsibilities:
- Under limited supervision, provides high-level project support activities for Wildlife Habitat Council (WHC) certification projects
- Conducts natural resource field work, including wetland delineation, wetland mitigation monitoring, habitat assessment, wildlife monitoring, vegetation and forestry surveys
- Leads and conducts ecological and stream assessments, endangered species surveys, and interdisciplinary desktop and field surveys
- Preparation of wetland mitigation plans and designs
- Leads the preparation of federal and state joint wetland permit applications and responds to agency, tribal and public comments and questions on permit applications
- ESG scorecard development and tracking
- Carbon sequestration sampling and analysis
- Develops scopes of work and budgets for natural resource, permitting, and planning projects
- Adheres to GES Loss Prevention System (LPS) safety protocols
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelors degree or higher in Ecology, Natural Resources, Environmental Science or related field
- Must have hands on fieldwork and office experience in the environmental consulting field
- Experience preparing permit applications and other technical documents in compliance with federal, state and local environmental regulations including the Endangered Species Act
- 5-7 years minimum related experience, ten years preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in wetlands delineation/ecological work is required
- Ecological Risk Assessment experience a plus
- Wetland delineation training/certification
- Professional Wetland Scientist certification is a plus
- Must possess excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Storm water management experience is a plus
Our comprehensive benefits include:
- Ability to traverse various types of terrain for extended periods of time.
- Physical ability to perform outdoor field work.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Some overnight travel required
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
medical, dental, vision, prescription, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.Groundwater & Environmental Services, Inc. (GES)
believes that diversity and inclusion among our staff is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. At GES, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law.