Manmade Cellulosic Fibers Program Coordinator - Remote
Textile Exchange is a global non-profit driving positive impact on climate change across the fashion and textile industry. It guides a growing community of brands, manufacturers, and farmers towards more purposeful production from the very start of the supply chain.
By 2030, its goal is to guide the industry to achieve a 45% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions within fiber and raw material production. Its focus is holistic and interconnected, accelerating the adoption of practices that improve the state of our water, soil health, and biodiversity too.
For real change to happen, everyone needs a clear path to positive impact. That's why Textile Exchange believes that approachable, step-by-step instruction paired with collective action can change the system to make preferred materials and fibers an accessible default, mobilizing leaders through attainable strategies, proven solutions, and a driven community.
At Textile Exchange, materials matter. To learn more, visit TextileExchange.org.
Working at Textile Exchange
We work remotely with a team located in 20+ countries. We are a diverse group committed to harnessing the strengths of the global textile industry to accelerate change toward climate and other key environmental goals. We work collaboratively on important environmental issues around the world by working and interacting with farming groups, processors, brands, retailers, and environmental experts in the textile and fashion industries around the world. We offer an opportunity to join a cutting-edge global environmental nonprofit and to help strengthen the impact of our organization. Each Textile Exchange employee is offered a competitive compensation package with paid time off, yearly bonus, opportunities for continuing education, and more.
We are looking for an MMCF Program Coordinator to support Textile Exchange with its MMCF programs, primarily the MMCF Round Table but also other activities such as our MMCF Hub community.
Our new team member will be ready to take on a diversity of tasks from administrative support to the development of communication media and basic research & analysis in the field of MMCF. Within our tier 4 focus this includes feedstocks for MMCF as well as pulp and fiber production.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall administrative and communication support of the MMCF program, including basic research and analysis.
- Support the planning and coordination of our core Round Table activities, including:
- Events such as the Global and Regional MMCF Summits.
- MMCF Working Groups and Advisory Group.
- Communication such as administration of our online platform, the MMCF Hub.
- Collating presentations including creation of some content.
- Assisting with all post-meeting follow up.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Detail-oriented, logical, systematic, methodical, and organized.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field. Experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Interested in our scope of work and passionate about addressing climate change.
- Highly attentive to detail with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Dedicated customer service mindset, able to work with different stakeholders, comfortable with ambiguity and dynamic environment.
- Team player, resourceful, eager to learn and able to work independently and efficiently in a virtual workplace.
- Excellent communication, written, and grammatical skills in English (Native or bilingual proficiency).
- Equipped with excellent computer skills including advanced proficiency in Microsoft. Excel, PowerPoint, and Word and the ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Contract full-time position (40 hours per week).
- Work from home, virtual/remote (flexible working hours is a must due to difference in international time zones).
- Compensation range: US $38,000-$45,000
- Textile Exchange is currently unable to provide sponsorship for work permits. Candidates need to have existing right to work in nominated working location.
- To be filled as soon as possible (start date to be agreed between both parties).
How to Apply
Please apply here:
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis as they are submitted. Early application submission is strongly encouraged.
Textile Exchange is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.