For nearly two decades, Ogilvy has been at the forefront of social change-advancing personal and public health and safety through innovative communication initiatives. We take great pride in deploying solutions that improve and save lives. Ogilvy has a long-standing relationship with FEMA. Currently our work centers around the Community Engagement and Risk Communication (CERC) contract, which focuses on growing awareness of, and resilience towards, natural disasters in American communities. As the Nation continues to come to terms with the long-term effects of climate change, this work is of ever-increasing importance.
The CERC contract Risk Communications team develops messaging, tools, and programs to communicate around some of the most challenging elements of the climate and resilience conversation. In doing so, skills in translating highly technical information into understandable, empowering language are highly valued. This team works closely with team members with additional specialized areas of expertise, such as behavioral science, partnerships, customer experience and measurement, to maximize and optimize efforts. They also engage with our teams working in communities on the ground to equip and empower them for more effective outreach.
Ogilvy seeks a highly driven, passionate Vice President with a strong background in risk communications to lead this team. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a federal agency encompassing a network of behavior change, disaster resilience, emergency management, community outreach, partnership building, grassroots engagement, community planning, and engineering experts to engage a broad array of national and local stakeholders around the issues of natural disaster mitigation, climate change adaptation, and capacity building to empower communities to drive resilience. This unique program functions on national, regional, and community levels, and is extremely dynamic with a large, integrated team and many moving parts. About the Role
This Vice President will lead our Risk Communications program, setting strategy and ensuring flawless execution across a cohesive book of business. Candidates with experience in communicating climate risk and translating it to resilience action are encouraged to apply.
In this role, the Vice President will collaborate closely with the contract's lead strategists to concept and design projects that will further our overall vision. They will then manage the team in building, testing, refining, and measuring those solutions, and then applying them across the contract.
- Partnering with Ogilvy's capability experts to deliver integrated solutions, identify new business opportunities, scope of work and revenue
- Immersing yourself in the essential dynamics, strategies, and drivers of your client's business
- Foreseeing opportunities and formulating plans to manage and exploit them to drive/extend the business
- Putting clients first, interfacing regularly with all client levels and constantly hunting for solutions and big ideas that are innovative and relevant
- Demonstrating strong collaboration skills with internal teams, using Agency resources to support client's business effectively and seamlessly
- Building strong, collaborative, and trusted relationships with creative and strategic partners
- Effectively navigating teams when there are conflicting priorities
- Coaching, involving, and inspiring the growth and development of junior Agency staff via providing consistent feedback, training, and growth opportunities
- Acting as an open and willing resource to team members in assessing ideas and directions, and providing guidance to push further
- Monitoring and communicating POV on current marketing and industry issues
- Demonstrating responsibility and accountability for overall agency performance and flawless delivery
- 10+ years of experience, including 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Interest in and knowledge of climate change, resilience and/or hazard mitigation at the local, state, or federal level
- Demonstrated background in developing and leading risk communication initiatives or campaigns
- Ability to translate highly technical information or concepts in ways that make them relevant and meaningful to broad audiences
- Ability to train or otherwise build capacity with stakeholders on best practices for risk communications
- Familiarity with or interest in equity-centered approaches to community engagement and program delivery
- Account experience delivering programs in public relations, marketing, or communications with background in digital and social media, materials development, media relations, and partnership outreach
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work with and manage sub-contractors and vendor relationships
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative and transparent environment
- Demonstrated capability to get things done on budget and on time, established sense of business & financial acumen
- An understanding of the dynamics and workings of the agency's process as it relates to the client's business; Demonstrable knowledge of client and agency operations and working knowledge of Ogilvy's capabilities
- Experience working with a large government account, including understanding of budgets and contractual obligations a plus
- Professional competency in written and oral Spanish a plus