Rhodium is recruiting a Senior Research Analyst to join the companys China Corporate Advisory team. The analyst may be based out of New York City; Austin, Texas; Washington, D.C.; Paris, France.Position Description
Rhodium Group is hiring a Senior Research Analyst to join our world-class team of researchers. The analyst will be responsible for designing, conducting, and overseeing execution of research and analytical outputs as part of Rhodiums work advising corporate clients, with a strong focus on Chinas domestic technology policies and Chinas role in global technology competition.
The Senior Research Analyst will also contribute to the firms knowledge base on issues including Chinas technology and industrial policies, self-sufficiency push, and emerging data security and cyber regulations, as well as geoeconomic dynamics impacting global standards, development and controls of critical technologies, the evolution of global ICT value chains and clean energy technologies.Position Responsibilities
The position will involve the following responsibilities:
- Design, conduct, and oversee execution of rigorous macroeconomic and policy analysis tailored to corporate audiences with interests in a range of technology sectors and topics.
- Manage the production and delivery of short-form client deliverables, including research notes, briefing decks, email alerts; support the delivery of longer-form research outputs.
- Pro-actively design and produce reactions to news or developments of interest to clients, communicate research findings clearly and efficiently.
- Mentor and manage junior analysts, including ensuring high quality research and deliverables from direct reports.
- Contribute to the firms knowledge-base on issues related to Chinas economy and policies, US-China and EU-China dynamics, global trends relating to China, and sectoral/topical issues of interest to corporate clients.
Eligible candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Masters degree in international economics, international affairs, China/Asia studies, political science, or related fields, plus at least three years of relevant China-focused professional experience (inclusive of relevant internships).
- Demonstrated ability to independently produce data-driven, objective analysis on economic, commercial and policy issues pertaining to China.
- Demonstrated ability to manage small research teams and research projects, and to ensure highest possible quality of research outputs.
Location and Travel Requirements
- Professional understanding of China-relevant economic and political dynamics and a passion for bringing objective analysis to corporate audiences.
- Strong writing ability; capable of distilling complex ideas into succinct prose, notes, and slides; ability to draft short notes and reports in full, with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized and capable of handling many time-sensitive projects at once; close attention to detail, with an ability to independently produce client-ready, polished work.
- Near-native English writing and speaking skills; and working-level reading proficiency in Chinese; ability to quickly read, summarize, and extract nuance from Chinese language newspaper articles and policy documents.
- Strong proficiency with Excel for data analysis and visualization; experience with CEIC, Bloomberg terminal, and Chinese-language business and economic databases preferred.
- In addition to a demonstrated knowledge base in technology areas related to China, analytical expertise in the following fields will be considered a strong plus: clean energy technologies, ICT and semiconductors, automotive and IoV, or biotech.
Compensation, Benefits, and Recruiting Process
- The preferred location for this role is New York City, Washington, D.C., Austin, Texas, or Paris, France.
- Occasional domestic and international travel (
Rhodium Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to fostering an environment that promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Rhodium Group offers competitive compensation, a progressive benefits package, and opportunities for intellectual and professional advancement while working with a talented and entrepreneurial group of colleagues. About Rhodium Group
Rhodium Group is an independent research provider combining economic data and policy insight to analyze global trends. Rhodium has decades of experience advising CEOs, portfolio managers, philanthropists and policy leaders. In addition to our stand-alone analyses, we maintain long-standing collaborations with leading think-tanks and universities in the United States, Asia, and Europe. Our work is regularly cited by media and government bodies, and consulted by firms, investors, philanthropic leaders and policymakers worldwide. Key areas of Rhodium expertise include Chinese economic, social and political development, energy and climate change, Indias emergence as a global player, and advanced economy restructuring.
Powered by JazzHR