Job DescriptionJob Summary
The Environmental Health and Safety Officer is responsible for implementing and maintaining the Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) programs for the Franklin site.
The EHS Officer is responsible for developing, planning, coordinating and directing environmental and health/safety activities to ensure employee engagement, regulatory compliance and implement the EHS management system to protect human health and the environment.Job Responsibilities
- Maintain complete documentation of all aspects of the EHS program.
- Implementation and development of ISO14001 standard, as well as performing the internal Audit ISO14001/45001
- Responsible for EHS documents maintained in Business Management System
- Planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization and process owner of defined EHS processes, group and division targets.
- Conduct Sustainability / Safety Risk analysis
- Determine, implementation, reporting and monitoring of defined EHS key performance indicators.
- Member of Peer Group EHS. Communication and reporting for the group
- Consulting the Division on EHS and conducting training Steering and updating of the "Green" projects (Sustainability)
- Reporting environmental data for internal and external stake holders
- Maintain compliance for material (REACH/RoHS/US Conflict Minerals Law / other)
- Ongoing monitoring of legislative developments in the field of Environment, Health and Safety.
- Compliance with regulatory requirements and cooperation with authorities
- Conduct Safety Analysis, Investigations, Leader of Safety Committee and conduct all safety trainings annually or as needed
- Designated Laser Safety Officer for Massachusetts facilities (maintaining training credentials to support designated role). This includes documentation, training and reporting as required.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent manufacturing experience of at least 10 years
- 1-4 years of EHS experience in a manufacturing environment.
- CSP or ASP credential preferred
- Knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, ANSI and EPA regulations and reporting requirements
- Waste Water Treatment & regulations knowledge strongly preferred
- Experience with managing governing bodies
- Proven track record in the implementation of sustainability projects
- Out of the box thinking and creativity for sustainability improvements Execution, attention to detail, initiative, conflict resolution, customer focus, collaboration, building ownership and commitment, establishing direction, drive for change, getting organizational support, tenacity.
- Demonstrated professional with passion for change and relentless focus on execution.
- Must be highly organized; able to prioritize and meet target dates in a very fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral and written communication, analytical, problem solving and human relations skills
- Results driven and accountable for actions.
- Ability to work independently yet sees others as partners and essential team members.
- Sound coaching skills; investigation skills.
- Knowledge of the ISO14001/45001 standard
- Formal training in laser safety and certified Laser Safety Officer.
We offer great benefitsâ€¦
- Health, Dental, Vision and Rx insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- HSA and FSA spending accounts
- Apprenticeship programs and Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonus program
- Company paid Life insurance and AD&D
- Short and Long term disability
- Dependent Care
- Vacation and Sick days
- 10 paid Holidays
- Employee assistance program
- Pet Insurance
Tegra Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer
You should be proficient in:
- ISO 14001 Certification Experience
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment