Job Description:Essential Job Functions:
Improve or maintain assay accuracy. Implement the use of new equipment or new procedures. Internal and third party inter- and intra-lab collaborative studies. Engage in problem solving activities. Education/Experience/Skills:
- Maintain a clean and orderly laboratory, lab equipment and adequate stocks of reagents.
- Maintain logs and records in QC according to GMPs.
- Interpret scientific data and understand the impact of the results on the business with minimal assistance from the Supervisor or other technicians.
- Perform problem solving, troubleshooting of laboratory equipment.
- Participate in method improvement and innovative projects with mentorship.
- Perform calculations, troubleshoot analytical results and perform investigations of non-conformances.
- Confirm unusual lab results and bring to the attention of the QC lab supervisor and/or QC lab coordinator.
- Complete training when new methods are introduced.
- Gain new knowledge and skills through external training and translate learning into improved job performance.
- Perform calibration and/or verification of laboratory equipment.
- Comply with all safety standards. Proactively identify and mitigate safety risks.
- Participate in training and studies designed to:
- Education: Associates Degree in a scientific discipline, 1-2 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Formal education includes one or more of the following: analytical chemistry, biochemistry, instrumentation, mathematics and statistics, physics, biology, food nutrition and science, and/or other science disciplines.
- Perform data entry, navigate computer software.
- Ability to problem solve independently.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in a scientific discipline, 1-2 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prior QC/analytical laboratory experience.
- Lean manufacturing/Six Sigma certification.
- Prior experience with working across functions in an organization.
- Prior experience in food, beverage, nutritional industries.
- Analytical experience in GC/HPLC/UPLC/MS.
- Experience with lab automation systems and sample management systems such as lab electronic notebooks, lab information systems and chromatography data systems.
- Experience with Waters Empower and/or Agilent OpenLab CDS.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Associated topics: medical laboratory science, medical technologist, microbiology, mls, services, technician i, technician ii, technician iii, technologist, testing