RenewCO₂ is a well-funded high-growth startup focused on commercializing electrochemical processes to convert CO₂ emissions into carbon-negative materials. What distinguishes us from other CO2 reduction approaches is our proprietary catalyst, which enables an energy-efficient and selective pathway to existing valuable commodity chemicals. Our products can directly access existing markets (mono ethylene glycol, for example, a 40Mton/year market), and our economics are projected to be competitive or advantaged versus current fossil-based production. We will be in the position to offer differentiated carbon-negative products at competitive prices, and thus our potential impact on emissions and society is enormous. We're seeking highly motivated team leaders and members who are looking to make a significant positive impact on climate change and are excited to work in a collaborative team setting.
As a Research Scientist in Inorganic Synthesis, you will be responsible for the scale-up of our catalyst manufacturing. Understanding production, processing, raw materials, and laboratory testing are essential skills for this position.Position Description
- Develop multi-step syntheses of inorganic products on laboratory, pilot, and production scales.
- Confidently apply analytical and characterization methods to accelerate catalyst innovation.
- Develop a fundamental understanding of the catalyst's quality, robustness, and application-related issues.
- Optimization of established inorganic processes and products.
- Work closely with the internal team and cooperate with universities and other research centers.
- Ensure safe and efficient laboratory work.
- Use best scientific practices to explore technology options and generate intellectual property that increases technical leadership in the marketplace.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills to work on multiple projects and competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Sound interpersonal skills and ability to form good working relationships with internal and external contacts
- Superior written and oral communication skills and
- Ability to communicate effectively
- BS degree in Chemistry or related field and 2+ years of related technical experience
- PhD Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related field
- Independent technical project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Understanding of material science and structure-properties relationships
- Medical and dental coverage
- Paid sick days and vacation
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
- Competitive base salary and equity compensation commensurate with experience
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, RenewCO₂ is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that fosters collaborative scientific discovery and innovation. In support of this commitment, we encourage minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply for employment. RenewCO₂ considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.