The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) has a potential need for a Project Support Coordinator, to provide technical services for uniform, consistent, high-quality animal husbandry, and technical support services by utilizing experienced and well-trained staff, preferably certified by the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS). in support of approved protocols for animal studies. Support is to be provided out of Silver Springs, Maryland.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The Project Support Coordinator will assist both, the CMB and NIEHS researchers in the performance of both one-time and ongoing projects.
* Assist CMB and NIEHS researchers in the design, implementation, and interpretation of research studies.
* Supports, coordinate, and implements CMB improvement projects, including the integration of technology to enhance efficiency and workflow to include, but not limited to, animal census, reporting, tracking, and documentation of clinical cases, and genotyping and rodent colony management activities.
* Will be working with both, the CMB personnel and external vendors to facilitate the implementation, training, and troubleshooting of associated devices and programs.
* Must be certified by the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) as a Laboratory Animal Technologist (LATG) with at least 3 years of experience in an animal facility.
* Formal education must include a minimum of a B.S. degree in the animal or other biological sciences, e.g. zoology, biology, microbiology, and veterinary science (MS preferred).
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Additional experience in the performance of experimental/study activities in a biomedical research setting is required.
* Experience with rodent colony management, and a working knowledge of computer software, particularly eSirius or a comparable electronic facility management system, Microsoft WORD, and Excel are essential for job performance.
REQUIRED CITIZENSHIP AND CLEARANCE:
* Must pass a favorable background clearance.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries. Eligible employees enjoy a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. The Alaka`ina Foundation FOCs is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kpono Government Services, Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which include providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.