Zoetis Reference Laboratories is seeking an experienced Microbiology manager for its Louisville, KY
location. We are a reference laboratory focused exclusively on global animal health!
The laboratory provides testing services for customers throughout the United States. You will need strong experience in clinical microbiology and leadership for this position. The ideal candidate will provide expertise with overall operations of a commercial microbiology laboratory and possess the ability to develop and lead laboratory technicians providing the highest of quality results. The position will work collaboratively with other managers and laboratory locations and directly with our clients. This is a working management role, in that our managers roll their sleeves up and assist team members. Relocation assistance is also available for the right candidate. This position will report the General Manager, Louisville.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Through strong leadership experience, you will maintain a team by selecting, training, and motivating employees; Maintains a safe, secure, and compliant work environment; Developing personal and team growth opportunities
- Communicates job expectations; serving as coach and counselor. Develops, enforces systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards, holds the team accountable.
- Maintains quality service by collaborating with the Quality Assurance and Customer Service teams; Analyzes and resolves quality and customer service problems; Recommends and implements improvements
- Accountable for turnaround times and delighting our customers! Exceed their expectations!
- Serves as a technical leader and dives in where necessary.
- Promotes safety and quality standards and values
- Evaluation of new technologies where necessary
- Develops manpower requirements and quantitatively determines staffing requirements.
- Works at the bench, preparing and analyzing samples as necessary
- Interprets data and produces reports
- Ensures facility, instrumentation and equipment are well maintained and are in good working order
- Takes ownership of and maintains inventory of laboratory supplies
- Upholds and enforces operational requirements
- Advanced technical experience with clinical microbiology methods, technologies and processes
- Demonstrated managerial leadership of a microbiology team
- Ability to conduct analysis and read, interpret, and report technical data
Required Education and Experience:
- Degree in Microbiology
- Applicant must have an MT (ASCP), MLS (ASCP), or CLS certification
- Minimum of 10 years of commercial laboratory experience, 5 in a leadership capacity
- Veterinary laboratory experience is a plus
Powered by JazzHR