Director of Business Development - Climate Technologies Your Role
If you aim to generate a pipeline of business developing products and technologies that address climate change, Synapse's Business Development team is interested in talking to you. Your primary focus would be developing commercial relationships with companies in the Climate Technologies industry, in which Synapse has gained a foothold through projects like carbon capture systems, connected devices for commercial-scale waste management, automated insect rearing to reduce pesticide use, and a novel air conditioning technology with massive efficiency improvements. You would be responsible for identifying target sub-segments within the broad Climate Technologies market on which to focus.
In this role, you would be responsible for a new business sales number as opposed to managing existing business. You would have the agency to balance the following responsibilities for maximum commercial impact:
- Develop a sales pipeline by proactively identifying and networking with target clients and/or referral partners
- Leverage market expertise to generate messaging for events, social media, blog posts, videos, etc.
- Share market insights to guide Synapse's technical team's growth strategy and investments in capability development
- Collaborate to develop and deliver client pitches and proposals via writing and presentation
- Negotiate contracts, including MSAs and SOWs, in collaboration with Synapse legal counsel
- Develop and maintain strong commercial relationships with senior client stakeholders to communicate Synapse's value to clients, enable further opportunities, and ensure alignment with client needs
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to generate and execute strategies to improve value proposition to existing clients and expand relationships
A Little About You
In order to thrive as Director of Business Development for Climate Technologies, you should possess commercial know-how, demonstrated through roles in business development, partnerships, or product management; hold experience that indicates the ability to successfully meet defined sales expectations; have a talent for developing and maintaining relationships with senior clients; maintain excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills; and demonstrate a passion for the Climate Technology industry with knowledge of major players, products, and service providers. Requirements:
- Experience working in or with a fee-for-service engineering or strategy consulting environment
- A strong understanding of the common business drivers among Climate Technology companies in sectors such as Energy Production, Food Production and Land Use, Waste Management, Transportation, Buildings, and Carbon Sinks
- An established network with influential individuals in Climate Technology
A Little About Us
Synapse Product Development works with the world's leading brands and most ambitious startups to bring to market products and technologies that have a positive impact on people and our planet. Our team of engineers, project managers, and business operations professionals tackle seemingly impossible technical challenges for our clients and bring cutting-edge solutions to reality. We work on a variety of projects, find fun in solving hard problems with great coworkers, and understand the value of cross-discipline collaboration to provide stellar client service. Synapse supports an environment of openness and trust where employees work hard to get the job done and still have time to maintain active and meaningful lives.
Synapse's offices in downtown Seattle and San Francisco promote flexible work environments that prioritize the well-being of individuals while maintaining close collaboration and support. Virtually when we must and in person when we can, our project teams, departments and disciplines, and entire office regularly come together to celebrate successes and navigate shared challenges.
Synapse is an Equal Opportunity Employer ("EOE"). We value diversity and strive to promote an inclusive culture. We are committed to a work environment that respects and supports individuals and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.