The Environmental Health Safety Manager eliminates or controls hazardous conditions resulting from human error, equipment and machine operations that may lead to human injury and/or property damage. Ensures compliance with safety and environmental procedures and assist in the achievement of profitability/productivity requirements.Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
- Collaborates with operations team to manage all environmental, health and safety programs and required environmental permits for Geomet Recycling.
- Serve on executive and division safety committees; review and discuss safety needs, provide updates, training, DOT, Hazmat, OSHA, and related safety and compliance information.
- Responsible for building a working relationship with all levels of staff.
- Responsible for developing a strong understanding of the company's operational flow.
- Provides subject matter expertise in Process Safety ensuring industry best practice.
- Inspects the facility to identify safety, health, and environmental risks.
- Develops effective health and safety procedures for all areas of the company.
- Collaborates with EHS Technician to prepare and schedule training to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics.
- Monitors compliance with safety procedures.
- Ensures that safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed.
- Ensures personnel is trained to use tools and operate equipment properly and safely.
- Plans and implements training for employees regarding work site safety practices and ensures such practices are in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Maintains all required safety records.
- Collaborates with the Repair and Maintenance Manager on lock out/tag out procedures and identifying unsafe equipment and tools.
- Performs safety/environmental surveys and inspections, prepares written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures were indicated and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Responsible for directing incident and near miss investigations identifying root causes of EHS incidents and executing sustainable corrective actions.
- May advise on structural safety requirements based on failure mode analysis of such factors as fatigue, stability, stress, concentration and creep; design protective equipment or safety devices for machines and redesign machines and plant equipment to eliminate occupational hazards; and/or review proposed occupational safety policies, guidelines and standards to determine their consistency with accepted principles and practices and recommend technical changes as needed.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested in support of the EHS Strategic Plan.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Health and Safety or related field and/or 4+ years of EHS experience.
- 5 years EHS management experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret local, state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Knowledge of statistics, data collection and analysis.
About GEOMET Recycle:
- Awards or accolades for accomplishments in safety improvements.
- Relevant training certifications in industry topics helpful.
Who is GEOMET Recycling?Our mission is to provide quality metal recycling processing and consolidation services to independent and industrial clients. We strive to become a leader in the scrap industry through a focus on quality performance, customer satisfaction, teamwork and continual improvement. GEOMET Recycling is a passion for recycling, people, and making the world a better place. The values that define our company are integrity, passion, sustainability, gratitude and safety. Why GEOMET?With a career at GEOMET-you have more than a job-you have a family. As a family-owned operation, the camaraderie, sense of community, and positive work environment is evident from the start. Above all, GEOMET supports the belief that each and every team member adds to the overall success of our company. Become a valued member of our team and find your new home with GEOMET Recycling.