Provides advisory services to the energy/utilities industry. Assists organizations in improving their performance through the assessment, identification and implementation of strategic planning and goals. Incumbents advise clients in areas such as corporate strategy, business unit strategy, customer & marketing strategy, growth and innovation. Services also include the development and review of financial business plans including potential mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Do you want to help renewable developers assess where market and policy drivers will lead to strong interest in renewables? Help them find the best locations to develop new renewables, battery storage among the rapidly changing U.S. electricity markets?
- How about assisting banks, private equity firms and other investment firms assess investment opportunities and risks? Use your technical and analytical skills to help various planning entities including the federal government with strategies and how the grid needs to evolve to enable increasing levels of renewable penetration.
- Does working with multiple stakeholders in energy broadly categorized as private developers, financing entities and planning entities excite you?
In this role, you will:
- Perform advanced quantitative and economic analysis of energy and environmental markets, using commercial model frameworks
- Collaborate with team to develop and enhance ICF proprietary models and data bases
- Evaluate the impact of future market trends and regulations, and support the development of client strategies to manage change
- Be responsible for performing analysis for corporate and government client deliverables
- Support sales and client development efforts with market research, proposal development and thought leadership
In this role, you will have:
- The ability to work with and understand technical concepts, while also being able to communicate them to non-technical personnel
- Strong interest in one or more of these areas: energy economics, finance, energy efficiency analytics, climate change, and policy
- Basic knowledge of R, Python and/or other coding languages
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Strong analytical skills and capabilities in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel)
- Master's degree in Energy Policy, Economics, Mathematics, Business, Operations Research, Engineering, or related quantitative focused subject
ICFs Energy Advisory Team
Our work is focused on supporting the rapid transformation in the U.S. power system. Working within project teams, your role will be to assist in the continued development and growth of ICFs Power practice and to support our clients to identify and pursue investment opportunities in support of development and M&A across a range of technologies and across US power markets. This is a multi-faceted role with exposure to wide array of topics concerning energy -markets, policy, interconnection, transmission to name a few. You will study the increasing complexity of interconnection queues and assist your clients with navigating them and assess the impacts of network upgrade cost exposure on project/portfolio valuation and off-take strategies. You will also assess how various market parameters such as natural gas prices, demand, transmission congestion, bidding strategies, outages etc. affect day ahead (DA) and real time (RT) market price formulation and assist your clients manage the curtailment risks. You will help shape our views on decarbonization strategies and their impact on the current market structures and how the power grid needs to evolve to enable increasing levels of renewable penetration. Come join an interdisciplinary team and gain exposure across all major aspects of energy markets and establish yourself as an energy expert.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world's toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy (https://www.icf.com/legal/equal-employment-opportunity) .
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf) and Pay Transparency Statement (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_English_unformattedESQA508c.pdf) .
Reston, VA (VA30)
Need help? We're here:ICFCareerCenter@icf.com
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting services company with approximately 8,000 full and part-time employees, but we are not your typical consultants. At ICF, business analysts and policy specialists work together with digital strategists, data scientists and creatives. We combine unmatched industry expertise with cutting-edge engagement capabilities to help organizations solve their most complex challenges. Since 1969, public and private sector clients have worked with ICF to navigate change and shape the future. Learn more at icf.com.