Be appreciated for a job well done. That is exactly what it is like working for the Natives of Kodiak family of companies. KOMAN Government Solutions, LLC (KGS), a wholly-owned 8(a) subsidiary of the Natives of Kodiak. We're an Alaska Native Corporation, providing environmental investigation, remediation, munitions and explosives of concern support, operations and maintenance, long-term monitoring, and construction services to our Federal clients.
We have an immediate need for an Assistant Environmental Project Chemist
in our Exton, PA office to support environmental investigation and remediation projects. This is a full-time position at a growing company with great benefits.
Typical work assignments include:
- Collection of soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, air, or waste stream samples for laboratory analysis
- Support for work plan and report preparation (prepare data tables in Microsoft Excel; generate report text describing planned or completed field activities and observations)
- Preparation of analytical laboratory scopes of work and coordination with laboratories prior to, and following, sampling events
- Reviewing analytical laboratory data reports for completeness, correctness, and conformance with requirements
- Following established data validation procedures to determine the analytical quality of laboratory data
- Data base management of on-going projects following established procedures
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in the environmental consulting industry
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry or Environmental Chemistry
- Zero to four years of experience in environmental services or remediation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe.
- Ability and willingness to undertake frequent travel (typically 50% or greater) including the potential for extended travel (multiple weeks).
- Ability to work overtime and availability outside of normal business hours
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Environmental analytical laboratory experience
- Familiarity with industry-standard procedures for environmental data verification and data validation
- Working knowledge of Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS)
- Hands-on experience with environmental compliance with federal regulations (CERCLA, CAA, CWA, SDWA, RCRA (subtitles C, D, X) or state regulations (Massachusetts Contingency Plan)
- Experience working for Department of Defense and other federal agencies (particularly USEPA or Department of Homeland Security) and New England state environmental agencies
- Experience working on New England Brownfields projects
- 40-hour hazardous waste training with current 8-hour refresher (HAZWOPER certification)
- Current First Aid/CPR/Blood-borne Pathogen training
KGS offers outstanding benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401k match and life/disability benefits. Apply today. As a Federal Contract Employer, KOMAN Families of Companies follows Federal Laws as it pertains to drug testing. All candidates who receive a written offer of employment will be required to undergo drug testing for commonly abused controlled substances in accordance with Federal Law. It is important to note although a State may have legalized a controlled substance, if the controlled substance is illegal per Federal Law, it is then considered to be illegal. KOMAN Families of Companies is a Drug-Free Workplace. Successful completion of a background and DMV record check also must be completed prior to hire.
Preference will be given to Natives of Kodiak, Inc. Shareholders and Descendants of Shareholders in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2000e - 2(i)
KGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.