We are a global leader in environmental consulting - made stronger with the recent acquisition of Wood's Environment & Infrastructure business and Golder - with world-class expertise in environmental, social and governance (ESG), climate resiliency & sustainability (CRS), and earth sciences. Combined we have over 20,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from across the globe.
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Senior Remediation Leader for our Marlton, New Jersey office. This is an opportunity to be involved in projects with our Earth & Environment Team and be a part of a growing organization that meets our client's objectives and solves their challenges. Our ideal candidate will be a senior individual with deep experience leading relationships with clients and regulators throughout the entire lifecycle of remediation and restoration projects. WSP is a strong advocate of the team approach to undertaking projects and problem solving with multi-disciplinary teams that provide the full range of remediation and restoration technical expertise nationwide. WSP has an extensive geographic network of offices and offers flexibility in base location.
* Consulting on all aspects of the CERCLA process and participating in related technical and regulatory negotiations
* Providing technical leadership for environemental site remediation projects having significant budgets and complexity
* Executing technical work in areas of expertise, including senior technical review
* Providing mentoring and supervision for intermediate level staff to support their growth and professional development.
* Providing effective management of medium to large projects
* Managing client development and sustainability
* Identifying, securing, and delivering project work for new clients
* Providing a lead role in the development of strategies during remedial investigation, design, implementation, and for natural resource restoration
* Providing a lead role in agency communications and negotiations
* Management of multiple tasks and projects
* Participating in the continued growth and development of the national consulting practice
* Oversee and monitor cross-functional teams in executing project work, permitting strategy, environmental impact assessments, and regulatory strategy, including project budgets, tracking hours and expenses, and task completion.
* Collaborate with professionals from a variety of disciplines to provide future ready solutions for clients.
* Remain current in latest environmental science subject matter and techniques.
* Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
* Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
Who You Are
* Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Sciences or Engineering
* 15+ years of experience ' experience in site remediation and resource restoration
* Extensive knowledge of relevant environmental laws, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements.
* Superior written and verbal communications skills
* Demonstrated strong technical skills in development of remediation and restoration strategies for complex sites
* Experience in design and implementation of remedies for soil, sediment and groundwater
* Strong interpersonal and client management skills
* Experience in capably supervising and mentoring staff in a team environment
* Proven experience in managing projects and people
* Ability to work independently and provide guidance and leadership to mid-level to senior level team or project members, with strict adherence to QA/QC.
* Strong self-leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
* Extensive critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to reach conclusions from testing results, data collation, and identify the most effective solutions to accomplish objectives of assigned projects.
* Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
* Must be flexible to a variety of schedules to meet business needs and able to prioritize responsibilities and quickly adapt to change in a pressure work environment.
* Willingness to travel as dictated by project demands
* Master's Degree is preferred.
* Previous experience serving as a Project Coordinator on behalf of PRP Groups strongly desired
* Professional license (e.g., P.G., P.E., LSRP ) preferred