Environmental Scientist Type
: Full Time Location:
Bridgeport, WV Company:
The Thrasher Group, Inc. Division:
We're looking for an Environmental Scientist with experience and enthusiasm to join our team. As a member of the team you will drive profitability, work on a variety of projects, and collaborate with a team of like-minded professionals. If you're someone that thrives in a fast-paced work environment and looks at tasks with a "can-do" attitude, then check out the job duties below. Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
To be successful in this position, you will bring;
- Assist senior scientists in report writing, permitting, wetland delineations, environmental site assessments, and various media sampling
- Assess and determine permitting requirements and applicability for various local, state, and federal agencies.
- Understand the legal implications of work provided through the division
- Maintain equipment and databases
- Mentor younger staff in career development
- Generate commonly used documents using a standard template
- Collect and classify environmental samples
- Environmental/biological field assessments
- SWVN Assessments (Stream and Wetland Valuation Metric)
- Perform initial self-edits on all documents and permits prior to technical/SME review, as well as peer level reviews for younger staff.
- Track and assess time billed to projects in comparison to set budgets and communicate issues or concerns with project managers
- Assist environmental project managers in internal and external meetings.
- AS, BA, BS from ABET accredited program in a relevant field
- minimum 4-6 years of experience in a similar role
- Be proficient in Word, Excel, and Adobe
- Familiarity with professional etiquette
- Understand, and have the ability to discuss industry regulations
- Possess the ability to communicate with, and maintain relationships with clientele
- Strong communication, critical thinking, and time management skills
- Ability and willingness to quickly adapt to shifting workloads and deadlines.
- Experience with maintaining and adhering to strict budgets.
- Specialization in any major environmental area such as remediation, air, or natural resources is preferred.
- Experience with operating ArcGIS and/or geospatial data collection equipment is preferred.
- Wetland Delineation experience is preferred, 40 hour training program
Thrasher offers an excellent and competitive benefits package which includes relocation assistance, paid time off, 401(K) matching, medical, dental, and vision insurance, short- and long-term disability, tuition assistance, life insurance, and professional development opportunities.
The Thrasher Group conducts drug screening and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers. Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition of employment. "EEO/AA/E-Verify"