ACCIONA is a global company, leading in the development of regenerative infrastructure that creates a positive impact on society. Our workforce consists of more than 41,500 professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents, all contributing to our mission to design a better planet. Are you a passionate individual who wants to make a difference, promote sustainable development, and find solutions to the biggest global challenges including climate change, overpopulation, and water scarcity? Come and join us in building the infrastructure our planet needs to achieve a sustainable future.
Acciona offers a competitive salary, relocation assistance where relocation is required and approved, 401(k) retirement plan, medical, dental, vision, life, short and long-term disability benefits, tuition reimbursement, paid time off, and more.
The QA/QC Manager will be responsible for coordinating, implementing, and maintaining all activities associated with the Quality Control and Assurance (QA/QC) of utility-scale renewable solar projects during engineering and construction. The QA/QC Manager will be responsible for training Construction Engineers on quality-related activities. The QA/QC Manager will ensure all the PV projects in the portfolio have similar quality policies & procedures implemented.
• Responsible for monitoring construction quality to ensure that all work is installed in accordance with the plans, specifications, Acciona QA/QC requirements, code requirements, contract requirements, statutory and regulatory requirements, and good construction practices. Ensure site quality verification inspections are performed properly.
• Review of QA/QC documentation associated with the renewable facilities, including but not limited to tie-ins, start-up, and testing to ensure proper turnover to operations. Participate in final project demobilization, documentation, and close-out activities.
• Create, process, complete, and maintain accurate documentation and records associated with the construction site including non-conformity reports, job books, requests for information, submittals, and drawings.
• Oversee the correct implementation of quality plans by the Contractor
• Ensure homogeneous application of quality plans across different projects.
• Manage Non-Conformity Program,
• Manage Quality Audit Program
• Prepare, review, and approve Acciona's QA/QC plans.
• Review and approve suppliers and contractor's provided QA/QC plans. The contractor's QA/QC plans must be aligned with Acciona's QA/QC plans, which will prevail in case of discrepancy.
• Follow Company's processes and procedures to construct Acciona renewable generating facilities safely and effectively for "Best in Class Performance".
• Participate in daily, weekly, and monthly project meetings. Maintain job-specific meeting minutes and necessary logs.
• Frequently visit construction sites (60 to 70% of the time)
• Ensure consistency and effectiveness of QA/QC management of site activities.
Oversee the QA/QC compliance of Acciona's personnel and contractors on-site during construction in accordance with federal, state, and local laws, and Acciona policies, practices, and
procedures. Ensure all personnel and subcontractors meet technical and quality training requirements.
• Ensure control of all measuring equipment.
• Be proficient at Root Cause Analysis to accurately determine failure mode and reason.
• Identify preventative actions for continual improvement.
• Identify cost reduction opportunities.
• Provide all the information needed to create the daily reporting requirements for our internal and external customers, as well as KPI reporting.
• Assist in the training and support of new employees, specifically Construction Engineers.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent.
• EIT Certification is a plus.
• At least 5 years of experience in the preparation and implementation of quality plans for construction sites.
• Experience in the construction of energy facilities or the renewable energy industry is a plus.
• Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Experience with project management tools and systems (MS Project, Primavera), is a plus.
• Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to communicate details for internal/external customers.
• Demonstrate continuous commitment to safe operations.
• Be an active role model and constant resource to the organization.
• Ability to think and analyze situations in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to travel up to 70% of the time to domestic and international locations.
• Have a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is free of all forms of discrimination.