Job DescriptionAccording to the newly passed Inflation Reduction Act, ONLY Electric Vehicles that have at least 50% of battery components produced in the US by 2024 will qualify for rebates. This number changes to 100% by 2028. EV manufacturers are going to need to meet these new sourcing thresholds now or find their vehicles don't qualify for consumer rebates. Our technology SOLVES that problem!
Nth Cycle is a metal processing technology company. Our electro-extraction technology helps recyclers and miners capture more critical minerals-for use in lithium-ion battery manufacturing, among other things-while dramatically reducing costs and emissions.Position Description:
This position will focus on basic lab operations needed for the characterization of materials collected by an electro-extraction technology for Li-ion battery recycling. The project involves using basic lab techniques to collect samples, prepare samples for analysis, and learn multiple
characterization techniques. Day-to-day responsibilities will include general laboratory operations, and developing technical proficiencies for preparing, handling, and running samples through various instruments. This position will be in constant communication with suppliers, the R&D team, and the Product Lead to achieve fast passed objectives as a team leader, team member, and technical contributor.Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Design, develop, and commission chemical preprocessing equipment and instrumentation based on R&D optimizations.
- Establish and carry out test validation for new processes, equipment, and products made.
- Perform Inductively Coupled Plasma - Optical Emissions Spectroscopy, Fusions, and Acid / Base
- Chemistry with excellence.
- Manage small to large capital projects for delivering needed results within budget and schedule.
- Communicate technical results and challenges across the organization to advance product development.
- Demonstrate understanding of established manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Establish and document manufacturing methods, processes, manuals, and training.
- Demonstrate safety leadership particularly with chemical operations (gas generation, pressure vessels, exothermic reactions, corrosive materials, etc.)
- This safety consciousness should permeate beyond designs and into daily life.
- Lead or participate in safety reviews such as HAZOP, which includes providing technical assistance with corrosive material concerns, cross-contamination of chemicals, etc.
- Assist in implementing environmental improvement initiatives, particularly with respect to emissions pollutants identification, effluent control, neutralization of caustics/acids, etc.
Qualified candidates will possess a strong combination of the following:
- BS or MS in a Chemical Engineering or Chemistry
- 1-5 years experience in a related environment
- Familiarity with chemical process scale-up
- Experience with acidic reactions and metal dissolution
- Strong technical skills and analytical understanding
- Flexible thinking especially while problem-solving
- Strong verbal and written/digital communication skills
- Attention to detail and deadline and budget aware
- Previous experience with environmental permitting- desirable
- Previous experience/certifications in Lean manufacturing, 5S, and/or Six Sigma- desirable.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
You won't find another team like ours. We believe in open, honest communication, and enjoying our work while changing the world. We work quickly but with intention-we've scaled our technology in size 100x in the past year. We're mission-oriented and think big-we're focused
on reducing gigatons CO2 emissions from the atmosphere by 2050. And we value the perspectives and opinions of our colleagues while pushing each other to excel. We're a dynamic team looking for a new team member who's also passionate about addressing climate change and advancing the clean energy industry. Consistent with our commitment to diversity & inclusion, we value colleagues with the ability to work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people.