Join the No. 1 ranked architecture firm (2017 Architect 50 Sustainability Category: Architect Magazine) and work alongside the best talent in the world who will challenge and inspire you every day.
We are looking for a collaborative, professional Carbon Accounting Analyst
with 1-3 years of experience supporting and providing direction on projects in the pursuit of decarbonization and project performance goals. This role is an integral part of the firm to standardize and support the Project Performance Team ("PPT") initiative.
The role is open to any ZGF office location, with option to work remote 50%, where each day we ideate, collaborate and create, supported by a culturally diverse group of design professionals, in-house leading-edge technology including digital fabrication, virtual design and realization, and physical modelling. Our team thrives on multi-disciplinary engagement while practicing at the intersection of architecture, interiors, and urban design and are distinguished by our creative and intellectual curiosity.
As a Carbon Accounting Analyst
, you will:
- Collaborate with ZGF teams, consultants and subject matter experts for life cycle assessment (LCA)-related project integration, documentation, and reporting.
- Support benchmarking and iterative modeling to drive carbon reduction strategies.
- Evaluate the sustainability impacts of supply chains and end-of-life scenarios.
- Coordinate and document LCAs for LEED, ILFI and other sustainable certifications.
- Support the development of firmwide embodied carbon documentation & visualization tools.
- Help develop in-house biogenic carbon tools like UpStream Forestry Carbon & LCA Tool.
- Participate in EC3 pilot program.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Engineering, Environmental Science, Construction or related field.
- Proficiency with Revit, Excel and analytical software in general.
- Proficiency with whole building life cycle assessment (LCA) tools such as Tally or One Click.
- Knowledge of Environmental Product Declaration (EPD) tools and practices including EC3.
- Technical knowledge in construction documentation & specifications for carbon accounting.
- You are resourceful, self-motivated and have a strong commitment to continuous improvement and process standardization.
- Strong analytical and communication skills are required.
- Experience with Rhino and Grasshopper is encouraged.
- Cover letter
ZGF Architects Inc is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We invite qualified candidates to apply online posting cover letter, resume and portfolio.
Powered by JazzHR