WHAT YOU WILL DO:
As our Environmental Engineer - Air Quality you will ensure and maintain site environmental and regulatory compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations. Perform industrial hygiene assessments for potential health hazards in workplaces including evaluations for: chemicals, particulates, noise, asbestos, ventilation (basic knowledge of industrial hygiene instrumentation is needed.
- Maintains site Air Quality compliance, as well as other regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge and practical application of EPA and LDEQ air regulations at an industrial facility.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including but not limited to Word and Excel
HOW YOU ARE QUALIFIED:
- BS in Chemistry, Engineering, Environmental Science or related science field and 5 years of experience in a chemical manufacturing, refinery or other related industrial environment.
- 5+ years of Air Quality permitting and/or compliance experience at a refinery or chemical plant
- Demonstrates a high commitment to safety and environmental compliance in actions and words at all times.
- Critical thinker and effective problem solver, self-motivated, highly skilled, and a team player.
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to instruct on and interpret regulations to improve the transparency of environmental requirements to Team members and stakeholders.
- Work with consultants and contractors on projects with the goal of ensuring current and future compliance
- Innovative and results oriented, able to meet objectives despite obstacles.