*Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > [ Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls the most ambitious campus design program in the country. With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC s momentum has never been stronger. UC s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion. *Job Overview*As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the UC College of Medicine has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients.
The Department of Cancer Biology at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine is seeking a self-motivated individual to assist in the research on tumor and vascular diseases under the direction of Dr. Yanbo Fan.
The incumbent will assist with the coordination of laboratory projects or research studies in a particular discipline, makes independent contributions to projects and studies based on professional training or functional experience.
* Perform experiments and records data according to research protocols.
* Interpret data and assist in judging validity of data. May perform statistical and graphical analysis of data.
* May assist in animal colony management and animal husbandry.
* Apply research principals for less complex assignments.
* Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
* Bachelor s Degree.
* Five (5) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
*Additional Qualifications Considered*
* BS or MS degree in Physiology, Pharmacology, Molecular Cellular Biology, and other Biological Sciences, or in a related field with experience and strong interest in laboratory research.
* Prior experience with animal studies, western blot, immunohistochemistry, or RT-PCR is a plus.
* Previous experience and knowledge with cell culture, protein, DNA and RNA purification, animal surgery and mouse colony management are advantageous.
*Physical Requirements/Work Environment** Office environment/no specific unusual physical or environmental demands.
*Compensation and Benefits*UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
* Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
* Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
* Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
* Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
* Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
* Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
* Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a *Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion* statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
*The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.*
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN
Associated topics: aoa, breast, cancer, hematology, oncology, palliative, physician md, physician md do, radiation, thedacare