Position & Client Overview:
We currently have multiple job openings throughout the state of Pennsylvania for contract medical technologists in Microbiology or specialists in Microbiology on all shifts in all departments. These facilities range from level one trauma centers to small medical centers and reference laboratories to government facilities with varying levels of volume.
Pennsylvania has all the ingredients for a great family vacation: a town built around a chocolate factory, the World of Little League Museum and more than a dozen amusement and water parks. It also offers big-city culture with first-rate museums, science centers, performing arts venues and gardens in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh and other lively urban centers. Venture outside the cities to go hiking, biking and boating, and learn about the Amish in farms and villages. Dont forget to explore the states pivotal role in U.S. history at Philadelphias Independence Hall and on Gettysburgs battlefields.
Why travel with HCI? Its simple! Since 1997 we have focused 100% of our recruiting efforts on the laboratory industry. Thats all we do!
HCI will reward you with a competitive pay package that is financially unique to you. We also offer:
- Weekly pay (unlike many other companies)
- Shift differential/on call (if applicable) in addition to your hourly wage
- 100% paid expenses to and from assignments
- Daily non-taxable per diems for meals and incidentals
- Paid rental car or receive a car allowance to use your personal vehicle
- Paid hotel/lodging/apartment costs, and you approve the apartments
- Pet-friendly housing
- Non-taxable daily per-diem for lodging if you coordinate your own housing
- Sign on, extension, or completion bonuses for some assignments
- Referral bonuses up to $500!
We also offer a complete benefits plan including:
- Health insurance, national PPO medical plan with coverage in all states
- Major dental & vision insurance
- Life, short and long term disability, accident, gap, as well as critical illness and cancer insurance plans
- 401K plan with employer matching contribution
- Tax-free flexible spending accounts
- Direct deposit
Heres more about the microbiology jobs we have open in Pennsylvania:
Conduct examinations on specimens collected from patients and animals for bacterial, viral, protozoan and fungal infections.
- Computer skills
- Calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain the equipment
- Dexterity and good eye-hand coordination are required to collect and prepare specimens
- Follow instructions and procedures very carefully
- Critical thinking skills to recognize problems and develop solutions or alternative approaches
- Lab safety and infection prevention is of paramount importance
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Plan and conduct complex research projects, such as improving sterilization procedures or developing new drugs to combat infectious diseases
- Perform laboratory experiments that are used in the diagnosis and treatment of illnesses
- Supervise the work of biological technicians and other workers and evaluate the accuracy of their results
- Isolate and maintain cultures of bacteria or other microorganisms for study
- Identify and classify microorganisms found in specimens collected from humans, plants, animals, or the environment
- Monitor the effect of microorganisms on plants, animals, other microorganisms, or the environment
- Review literature and the findings of other researchers and attend conferences
- Prepare technical reports, publish research papers, and make recommendations based on their research findings
- Present research findings to scientists, non-scientist executives, engineers, other colleagues, and the public
Education, Certification, & Experience:
- Bachelors degree with a major in biology, microbiology or another biological or physical science
- MT(ASCP) or MLS(ASCP)
- SM(ASCP) preferred
HealthCare Connections, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, pregnancy, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or other protected status pursuant to law.