Come join a Connecticut Innovations (CI), portfolio company - Enko!!Enko
At Enko we believe that to create the future the world wants, we need to change the way the world grows. Our goal is not just to create something better, but to play a part in something bigger. Enko discovers and develops novel products for farmers to protect their crops from pests and disease.Key Facts
- Our products address a $60 billion core market focused on crop health with expansion into adjacent markets worth $300+ billion
- We have $140 million in capitalization, with $70 million raised as part of a Series C in July 2022 and a $300+ million market valuation
- Our global investors include NuFarm, Anterra Capital, Taher Gozal, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Eight Roads Ventures, Finistere Ventures, Novalis LifeSciences, Germin8 Ventures, TO Ventures Food, Endeavor8, Alumni Ventures Group, Connecticut Innovations and Rabo Food & Agri Innovation Fund
- We have over 30 novel, active pipeline programs and 4 strategic partnerships announced, including Syngenta and Bayer
- Our headquarters and research facility in Mystic, CT has 50,000 square feet of state-of-the-art labs and computer-controlled greenhouses built for pre-field experimentation and scale
Our agricultural invention platform, Enkompass™, uses DNA encoded libraries, A.I. and machine learning to create more effective ways of finding and selecting the right treatments for the right targets- faster than anyone had ever imagined possible. Led by a team of proven scientists, entrepreneurs, and industry veterans, Enko's innovative science, agile design, and discovery of new modes of action is producing next-generation crop protection solutions that will overcome the critical challenges facing industry. The industry has taken notice and we have active projects with many key industry players…with more to come!
We are hiring across the organization to achieve our desired growth objectives, and our best asset is our team members. We value you and your career journey, and we will support your work/life balance. We focus on impact over hours!Environmental Fate (eFate) Scientist
We are seeking an Environmental Fate Scientist with a background in analytical toxicology, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, environmental medicine, or related field to play an integral role in characterizing early-stage compound activity and environmental fate on model and target weeds, crop pathogens, and insects. The successful candidate will interact daily with a highly experienced team of R&D scientists from across the company and externally with CROs. This role will contribute to a culture that nurtures scientific excellence, collaboration, and personal accountability. Major responsibilities:
- Employ expertise in a range of analytical techniques (e.g., HPLC, GC, MS, NMR) to develop qualitative and quantitative approaches to characterize compounds and metabolites in plants, soil, other environmental, mammalian and other biological samples.
- Guide development of structure activity relationship (SAR), and rapidly and reliably screen early- to mid-stage herbicide, fungicide, insecticide and nematicide chemistries through a tiered evaluation system to understand and optimize environmental and biological (ADME) fate.
- Prepare and present technical reports and summaries for group members, project teams, senior management and select external stakeholders.
- Identify and manage optimal external collaborators, contract research (CROs) and/or necessary internal instrumentation capabilities for study placement and sample analyses.
- Coordinate and manage protocol development, commissioning of studies, delivery of data, and sharing of results for both screening level and registration-related studies.
- Become Enko's environmental fate and metabolism regulatory affairs and compliance expert.
- Maintain timely and accurate lab records. Follow all Environmental, Health & Safety laboratory safety standards and maintain company compliance requirements.
Work closely with:
- Preference will be given to candidates with relevant crop protection experience, including direct involvement characterizing early-stage chemistries or small molecule pesticides.
- Familiarity with pesticide mechanisms of action and environmental metabolism are desired.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Desire to contribute to and receive feedback from a multidisciplinary team in a dynamic, fast-paced, and innovative environment.
- Self-starter with the ability to conceive, implement and report data from research strategies to characterize discovery compounds.
- Enko's cross functional discovery R&D team to design safe and efficacious molecules
- External consultants, collaborators and others identified as instrumental to product discovery and development
- Enko senior leadership and scientific advisory board, providing timely information for decision making
- PhD in analytical toxicology, analytical chemistry, biochemistry, environmental medicine, or related field with 6+ years of experience, or
- BS or MS candidates will be considered with 10+ years of relevant experience.