Job DescriptionExciting opportunity with an emerging biotech
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Shannon Colette Lee
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $120,000 - $165,000 per yearA bit about us:
Group of scientists in an emerging start-up in South San Francisco with expertise in protein science, antibody engineering, immuno-oncology and preclinical in vivo models.Why join us?
- Great Competitive Base Salary!
- Yearly Bonuses!
- Competitive PTO!
- Full Benefits!
The preferred candidate will have deep knowledge in immunology or cancer research with extensive hands-on experience in biotherapeutic discovery and target validation. The candidate will the knowledge and skills to explore immuno-oncology modulatory proteins using cutting edge immunological methods. Position/Title commensurate with education and experience.
- Quickly advance discovery research programs to identify and validate novel immuno-oncology biotherapeutics, focusing on effector cell engagers and other therapies capable of immune-mediated tumor cell killing
- Work independently on the design, execution, and interpretation of experiments
- Work closely with a highly productive team of research associates and/or scientists to initiate and rapidly to advance new therapeutic programs
- Identify and adopt in vitro and in vivo methods to facilitate target discovery and elucidate the mechanism(s) of action
- Evaluate new technologies and develop assays to advance and accelerate discovery programs
- Work cross-functionally with colleagues in protein engineering, in vivo biology, and external collaborations
- Attend team meetings and deliver clear and well-prepared presentations. Be an active participant in discussions
- Stay abreast of latest scientific and technology advancements in the field
- Provide scientific and technical input to lead pipeline development
- Experience in biotherapeutic target evaluation, validation and candidate selection
- Skilled in designing pre-clinical in vivo experiments to assess drug candidate efficacy
- Extensive hands-on experience in basic immunology techniques including flow cytometry, cytokine analysis, cytotoxicity, proliferation assays, and immune cell isolation etc.
- Skill in mammalian tissue culture techniques for cell lines and primary cells, generation and maintenance of transfected cells
- A background in immuno-oncology drug discovery, particularly in targeting tumor stroma and immune cell composition as demonstrated by peer reviewed publications and/or patent submissions
- Previous experience in antibody drug discovery is a plus
- Strong motivation with a dedicated work ethic
- Evidence of creative problem-solving skills and ability to take on difficult research challenges
- Excellent oral presentation and communication skills
- Team player able to work in a cross-functional environment
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply Now" button.