What You Will Do
Gannett Fleming's Environmental Management and Natural Resources Team is seeking a highly motivated Stream Restoration Designer/Environmental Project Manager
to provide technical expertise, project and team management across a diverse client base for variety of assignments based out of our Raleigh, NC
. This is an excellent opportunity for a professional to manage and contribute technically to ecosystem restoration projects as part of a growing team with a flexible work schedule with the ability to work remotely.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall implementation of environmental projects, most notably stream restoration projects, in both the public and private sector. Specific project focus will include preparation, oversight and review of work products including performance of calculations, technical reports, construction plans and technical specifications, preparation of cost estimates and feasibility studies, permit applications, and interpretation of federal, state and local agency regulations; planning and implementation of investigations; and data analysis and abstraction.
We understand that our company is our people and our success is rooted in their professional development. We take great pride in our learning and mentoring programs, diverse, flexible and supportive work environment, and our investment in our staff's individual growth. We foster a culture that builds relationships based on integrity and respect, with our clients and with each other. We are a firm where everyone counts, and each employee can make a difference.Responsibilities include:
- Managing a team of junior staff conducting field work and executing day to day activities.
- Act as technical lead for stream restoration and natural resources projects.
- Prepare stream restoration plans, specifications, construction estimates, and design reports. Lead all aspects of stream field assessments.
- Performing routine project management duties, such as developing, and managing financial and project records, contracts, bid specifications, charts, tables, etc.
- Developing project scope and costs for stream restoration projects, permitting, and other natural resources projects (e.g., stream monitoring, wetland monitoring, wetland delineations, forest stand delineations).
- Lead environmental tasks for multi-discipline design projects (e.g., transportation, water, facilities, construction services) across the region/company.
- Act as a liaison with other internal design disciplines, subconsultants/subcontractors and regulatory agencies including public and/or private contacts.
- Interpret analytical data for remediation and construction projects to develop appropriate and applicable conclusions and recommendations.
- Interface with state and federal regulators to effect successful outcomes for our clients.
Education | Experience:Minimum Qualifications
- B.S. degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering or related degree is required; Master's degree preferred
- Must have a minimum of 10 years of experience with the responsibilities listed above
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required
- Rosgen levels 3 through 4 or other stream assessment and design training highly desired
- PE, EIT, or other license preferred
- Proficiency with AutoCAD preferred
- Must be able to travel overnight occasionally
At Gannett Fleming, we believe in improving the lives of the people we serve. We believe in innovation and social responsibility. We believe in the diversity of our team and the creative solutions they provide. We believe in embracing change and emerging technologies while maintaining an unmatched standard of quality. We believe in creating an environment where employees can thrive at home and at work. We believe in engaging our employees, building lasting relationships with our clients, and, in turn, making a difference in the world.
We offer a comprehensive benefits program, which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance, our tax-deferred 401 (K) savings plan, and the opportunity to incentive compensation for eligible positions. We are committed to your personal growth and professional development, so we offer tuition reimbursement, access to internal and external training programs and support active participation in professional organizations.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans' status or other characteristics protected by law.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Raleigh, NC
Core Business Hours: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Employment Status: Full-Time
Internal Requisition ID: 2022-9573
Salary Range: Salary dependent upon experience and geographic location
Please be advised that Gannett Fleming may require you to attest to your vaccination status and provide proof of Covid-19 vaccination. Regulatory requirements remain fluid at this time and Gannett Fleming will abide by Covid-19 mandates impacting our business as well as meet the requirements of our clients. Valid religious and medical exemptions will be reviewed and considered in accordance with applicable law.