The Corporate Environmental, Health and Safety Manager is a critical member of the Newly Weds Foods EHS Department reporting to the Global Director of EHS.Essential Functions
- Leads by example by living the Newly Weds Foods' company values.
- Acts as a trusted advisor and mentor across the organization.
- Leverages both experience and an innovative approach to EHS activities.
- Supports Newly Weds Foods US Facilities.
- Assists with Environmental, Health and Safety projects and opportunities at Newly Weds Foods Global and JV facilities, occasionally as directed.
- Anticipates potential environmental and workplace hazards, evaluates strategies for corrective action, assists in the implementation of controls and tracks the completion of related projects.
- Analyzes reports, metrics and other relevant data to assist in the development of projects and improvement plans focused on reducing risk.
- Manages workers compensation related documentation, data and costs.
- Develops and maintains databases relevant to the EHS activities of the organization.
- Advises the US EHS Team and the US organization on operation and project related health and safety opportunities.
- Interprets regulations, industry best practices, academic papers and other relevant information to improve the performance of the organization.
- Ensures compliance with applicable EHS regulations through the education of the facility leadership, value added activities, programs and policies.
- Conducts annual EHS audits as a member of the Corporate EHS Audit Team.
- Participates in customer and government related EHS audits.
- Provides training on policies, regulations and procedures, as directed by the Global EHS Director.
- Maintains accurate records and data in accordance with company, customer and local guidelines.
- Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental, Engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of EHS leadership roles preferred.
- Knowledge of USDA, BRC, FDA and HACCP preferred
- CSP, CIH, CSHM, CHMM or other related certification preferred.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. New Weds Foods is an Equal Opportunity Employer