Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The chemist performs some sample preparation as well as the inorganic analysis of environmental sample. The chemist interprets and manages data using LIMS and Excel, ensuring that data meets all established QA/QC criteria and is made available to the department Leads and manager within specified time frames
* Prepare, analyze and document sample analyses utilizing Ion Chromatography, UV-VIS, ICP-OES and other various inorganic instrumentation using established procedures
* Familiarity using EPA 410.2, 300.0, 9012, 350.1, 3010, 3005, 3050B, 6010 and other methodologies
* Conduct review of analytical sample preparation data including: checks for completeness, calculation accuracy, data interpretation and data quality objective coherence. Provide all documentation for peer and scientific review of data in a timely manner
* Perform and interpret required QA/QC procedures; recommend, perform and document corrective actions and possible impacts to data quality
* Perform all functions in support of and in compliance with all state and federal employee regulations in a safe and efficient manner
* Troubleshoot instrument problems, perform routine maintenance, and consult with vendor technicians (support engineers) when appropriate
* Manage inventory needs, including maintaining stock of all necessary components, supplies, standards and reagents
* Utilize computer software to prioritize work, track samples, acquire data, perform calculations and statistical analysis, and store data to meet established deadlines
* Constructively problem-solve work issues with team members and other lab staff and provide feedback to Group Leader, Lab Manager, Quality Assurance Officer and/or Project Managers about analysis, data, or other issues
* Ensure department specific Standard Operating Procedures are reviewed and/or updated on time
* Provide back-up assistance to other analysts and lab assistants when necessary
* Ensure department is using established procedures to ship/receive client samples
* Make recommendations and implement new methods, cost saving techniques or practices, efficiency improvements and policies for the department
* A minimum of an Associate of Science degree in Chemistry or equivalent experience
* Experience in an environmental lab is a plus
* At least 1-2 year's preparation, analytical experience, or combination, at company or equivalent experience elsewhere preferred
* Demonstrated effective communication skills and relate well to people in direct communication
* Consciousness of and a positive attitude toward quality, service and safety procedures
* Sound reasoning, good judgment and decision making
* Strong organization and problem solving skills
* Detail oriented, ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and able to coordinate multiple priorities
* Versatility, flexibility in dealing with people
* Ability to synthesize and retain information
* Computer skills, experience with LIMs software a plus
* Ability to perform basic math skills including multiplication, division and algebra
* Willingness to put in overtime hours, as necessary to meet work needs
Position is full-time, typically Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with flexibility for overtime and weekend coverage as needed.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, personal days, and dental and vision options
In a fast growing group, successful leaders are frequently being offered increased areas of responsibility (subject to geographic mobility).
Eurofins offers international opportunities to strong performers.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in the US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates may apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants may be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment. In addition, certain positions require travel for which vaccination is required in accordance with Eurofins policy.