Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Become your most extraordinary self! Our team is intensely proud to be a major provider of services and products to the drug discovery research industry. Join Eurofins DiscoverX Corporationpart of the Eurofins Discovery ™ group of companies serving global clients in the Pharma and Biotech industries. Work alongside industry experts and collaborate with team members to directly and positively impact human health worldwide!
We have a philosophy to support work life balance, career progression opportunities and offer many benefits such as formal mentoring programs, tuition reimbursement, extensive career training programs, competitive health benefits, paid time off and 10 annual paid holidays*.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for scheduling and execution of the technology platform cell-based screens to ensure timely delivery of data.
* Direct supervision of junior staff including coordinating, training, and mentoring.
* Co-ordinate multiple projects simultaneously. This includes oversight of the efforts for a bi-weekly large-scale safety pharmacology panel, routinely scheduled screens, HTS campaigns and ad-hoc requests.
* Ability to maintain all (50+) cell lines needed for the operation and providing screening plates or assay ready cells according to the business needs. Maintain inventory of bulk vials to sustain the business continuity.
* Support compound management through open communication and coordinating efforts.
* Function as a technical lead for innovation projects or improvement efforts. Take ownership of presentations as necessary to internal stakeholders, collaborators, and clients. Collaborate with vendors on beta testing and promoting new services and equipment.
* Go-to person for external partnerships and provide feedback to customers. This endeavor includes taking on a tech support role for screening data and coordination of study implementation.
* Support poster presentation at scientific meetings; provide promotional material and webinars to represent the company.
* In charge of optimizing screening assays to improve TAT.
* Coordinate cross-site screening facility efforts or sister-site harmonization
* Set up on boarding and training for new employees, establish and curate SOPs and routine QC.
* Heavily involved in data management. Optimize workflow and remedy error prone steps. Understand data management in CBIS.
* Independently analyze screening results, provide initial data QC using Spotfire or other data visualization tools. Perform large-scale data analysis and generate customer reports.
* Take charge of report writing and delivery. Be able to analyze and send out screening data, as necessary.
* Demonstrates and promotes the company vision.
* Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Owns the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timeliness.
* Provides cross-functional support to other departments as required.
* Adjusts work hours as needed to meet client deadlines.
* Adheres to site employee health and safety (EHS) requirements.
* To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill or ability required.
* PhD in biological sciences, MSc in biological sciences with 1-2 years of relevant experience or BSc with 2-4 years of relevant experience. Experience working in an operations type screening lab maintaining mammalian cell lines is required. Experience performing and analyzing quantitative cell-based and/or biochemical assays is required.
* Experience with data management, including databases
* Skilled in mammalian cell culture, biochemical and/or cell-based assay design, execution, and analysis. Skilled with data management and analysis software (i.e. Excel/GraphPad Prism or similar). Outstanding oral and written communication skills. Excellent scheduling skills
* Skilled in assay troubleshooting
* Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
* Life and disability insurance
* 401(k) with company match
* Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.