Environmental Health Safety Engineer
Our client is looking for an analytical EHS Engineer!JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Through team work and consultation ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, local, and company Environmental Safety and Health requirements.
- Maintain compliance with environmental regulations; including recordkeeping, filing of Tier II reports, air permitting, updating SPCC plan, storm water, etc.
- Provide analytical-based expertise such as sample collection, lab analysis data interpretation and data reporting/submission to address EH&S needs.
- Assist with planning, establishing, implementing, and maintaining a variety of environmental, health and safety programs. Specifically, review, revise, and develop Pittsburg Safety Standards.
- Maintain compliance calendar (database) as it relates the job function.
- Assist in self audits of the EHS management system.
- Perform safety-related risk assessments and Job Hazard Analyses.
- Assist with maintaining compliance with CalARP and RMP programs including internal compliance audits and Process Hazards Analysis
- Participate in Root Cause Investigations, and as applicable lead the investigation.
- Perform other related duties as directed by the EHS Manager that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Works with Operations and Maintenance department heads to identify EH&S training needs and improvements.
- California and Federal Environmental and Safety Regulations Familiarity
- BS/BA in Environmental Sciences, Health & Safety related degree, Engineering degree, or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience in EH&S or Operations in a chemical manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Prior experience working with CalOSHA, Bay Area Air Quality Management District (BAAQMD), and California regulatory requirements in general is preferred.