Visium Resources has been asked to identify qualified candidates for this Environmental Engineer position. This position is a direct hire opportunity which is expected to be on-site in Jacksonville, FL. There could be fairly extensive travel to work sites on a regular basis. Summary
The Environmental Engineer is mid-level experience, and will be responsible for supporting environmental investigation and restoration projects in the Florida region. We are seeking motivated and team oriented individuals who are interested in joining a growing company. Licensed and non-licensed individuals are encouraged to apply; however, any desire to obtain professional licensing will be supported our client. Our client is offering a highly competitive salary and benefits, an outstanding work environment, and the opportunity to work on existing and complex projects.Responsibilities may include:
Qualified candidates would have the following:Education:
- Conducting environmental field studies/investigations
- Managing and documenting field activities
- Oversight of subcontractors, including technical oversight and managing budgets
- Evaluating, analyzing, and organizing data for reports
- Utilizing scientific principles, theories, practices and existing technologies to develop technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Preparing work plan, investigation reports, corrective actions reports/work plans, remedial designs, and other similar reports
- Reviewing and providing input on technical reports
- Providing input on proposals including technical write-ups and cost estimates
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in a science degree, such as Geology, Engineering, Biology, Chemistry or other related field.
- Additional certifications such as 40 Hour HAZWOPER are a plus.
- Candidates must have 3-6 years of experience in performing environmental field investigations and/or other geoscience related fields
- P.E. or E.I. certifications are highly desired.
- Experience working under RCRA and CERCLA is a plus.
- The position requires a focus on teamwork and the ability to work with a diverse group of coworkers.
- Candidates should be organized, self-motivated, and possess excellent writing and computer skills.
- Mechanically-inclined abilities are a plus