Job descriptionJob Description for Scientific Instrument Production Manager
Aerodyne Research, Inc. (ARI) is a small instrumentation and R&D company providing state-of-the-art research tools to global scientific leaders in the fields of climate change, air quality, and atmospheric chemistry. We are looking for an individual to manage our growing instrument production operations at our office about 20 miles northwest of Boston.
The position requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree in industrial engineering or a related field and a minimum of 5 years of experience with at least 2 years at a supervisory level and a record of successful production management in a technical environment.
The successful candidate will be a highly organized individual who is comfortable working across both the technical and administrative sides of producing complex and high-quality scientific instrumentation.
Specific job tasks include:
- Managing, mentoring, and scheduling assembly team members.
- Developing workflows to improve production efficiency and quality.
- Managing parts inventory and liaising with purchasing, accounting, and shipping/receiving team members.
- Working with application scientists and upper management to meet production deadlines and customer expectations.
- Developing, organizing, and updating assembly documentation for the production team.
- Monitoring and inspecting the quality of assembled goods.
Key skills and experience include:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with manufacturing management software
- Deltek Costpoint experience highly desirable
- Product certification (e.g. CE, UL) experience
- Good technical skills (mechanical, electronic)
We offer a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package including:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year