Requisition ID :322421Job Description
IFF Health & Bioscience, formerly DuPont/Danisco Nutrition and Biosciences, is a global leader in health, biosciences, food, beverage, and sensorial experiences that applies expert science to advance market-driven, healthy and sustainable solutions for the food, beverage, dietary supplement, personal care and pharmaceutical industries. We use cutting-edge biotechnology across our markets to advance bio-based solutions that meet the needs of a growing population, while protecting our environment for future generations. IFF Health & Bioscience supplies 1 in 3 probiotic supplements and has been the key player in the lactic acid bacteria industry for >100 years. Our research focus is discovery of next gen probiotics, postbiotics, prebiotics and biological solutions driven by our state-of-the-art microbiome research using a systems biology approach that includes an understanding of immunological influences. The company is in the next generation of solutions to modulate the human microbiome to improve health and wellness.The Role:
This position focuses on the inter-relationship between the gut microbiome and immunological factors and their roles in health and disease. We are looking for a Ph.D. Microbiologist or Mucosal Immunologist with Postdoc experience in gut-microbiome research. This position is located in Wilmington, DE.The selected candidate will:
- Be an integral part of a diverse global team of scientists who work together to support and strengthen our microbiome research portfolio encompassing human and animal probiotics, postbiotics, prebiotics, and enzyme products.
- Work with collaborative teams in an industrial R&D environment that values creativity and ingenuity.
- Help our organization develop a research platform enabled by state-of-the-art technologies and a diverse knowledge base to investigate microbial interactions with the host immune system to investigate gut microbiome relationships with health and disease.
- Perform as an entrepreneur with a creative mind and the dedication needed for aiming at scientific excellence.
- Become a mentor and a leader.
Job RequirementsSkills and Experiences:
- Develop and implement experimental strategies supporting business goals and discovery efforts.
- Evaluate and integrate new technologies into our research strategies.
- Review data and analytical results, prepare reports and visuals and communicate them to internal and external users, including customers.
- Manage multiple work streams and integrate results from a wide breadth of immune assays.
- Ph.D. Microbiologist and Post-Doctoral experience related to gut microbiome studies.
- Scientific knowledge and experience with intestinal mucosal immune system and/or skin immunology.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills, with attention to detail.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills on all hierarchy levels.
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to convey hypotheses, experimental objectives, results, interpretation of data, and clear path forwards clearly and concisely to a diverse audience including scientists, business teams, and customers.
- A strong publication record and /or patents is a plus.
We are a global leader in taste, scent and nutrition, offering our customers a broader range of natural solutions and accelerating our growth strategy. At IFF, we believe that your uniqueness unleashes our potential. We value the diverse mosaic of the ethnicity, national origin, race, age, sex or veteran status. We strive for an inclusive workplace that allows each of our colleagues to bring their authentic self to work regardless of their religion, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, or disability.
Visit IFF.com/careers/workplace-diversity-and-inclusion to learn more.Nearest Major Market:
Wilmington Nearest Secondary Market: