Job DescriptionSalary: Logan Simpson
is an award-winning, multidisciplinary consulting firm that specializes in environmental consulting, cultural resource management, community planning, and landscape architecture design services. Our goal remains simple: to help guide responsible change
. From the beginning, our founders were focused on protecting natural resources and advancing the wellbeing of our communities.
We are seeking a candidate who will contribute to our diverse, collaborative, and innovative team; maximize the opportunity to learn new techniques and skills; and bring new tools and ideas to the table.
Logan Simpson has an immediate opening for a regular full-time Senior NEPA Environmental Planner
to work a hybrid schedule based out of our downtown Tempe, Arizona office. Responsibilities Include
- Researching and writing NEPA documents.
- Managing project budgets.
- Coordinating project management activities.
- Supporting public involvement activities.
- Developing action plans.
- Occasional out-of-state travel to visit project sites, meetings, and attend public outreach events should be anticipated.
- Self-starters with an eye for detail, a dedication to accuracy, and a passion for project management are encouraged to apply.
- Proven technical expertise in preparing NEPA documents preferably for transportation, vegetation management, resource management plans, and energy-related projects.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Biology, Planning, Anthropology, Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Environmental Studies or closely related field.
- 6+ years of consulting or agency experience, or equivalent combination.
- Excellent written/verbal communication, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and quality control a must!
- Ability to synthesize and present complex ideas through text and graphics.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, multitask, and be able to adjust to daily changes in priorities to meet deadlines.
- Possess a valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions from vaccination may be considered for medical reasons or for a sincerely held religious belief.
- A strong emphasis will be placed on individuals who have established relationships with resource and regulatory agencies in the western US, including, but not limited to, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Indian Affairs, Bureau of Reclamation, US Fish and Wildlife Service, Federal Highway Administration, and the US Forest Service.
This is a full-time position paid on a salaried basis between $60,320 to $91,520 annually, depending on experience and education. Logan Simpson
offers the following benefits and perks:
If interested, please apply and attach a resume and a cover letter.
- A Comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision plans, firm paid Life/AD&D, Long-Term Disability coverage, and a 401(k) with a firm match.
- Paid time off starting at 16 days off per year, and 7 paid holidays plus 1 floating holiday.
- Work on a variety of interesting projects.
- Support for professional conference attendance and external trainings.
- Internal professional development program.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
- Babies-at-Work program.
- Paid Costco memberships, paid parking, and reimbursement for public transit costs.
Diversity, inclusion, and respect are at the core of our values. Here at Logan Simpson, we believe we have a responsibility as a firm to promote and guide responsible change. To do that, we embrace the unique perspectives and experiences of each of our talented staff members. We strive to create an inclusive workplace to connect us closer to our clients and the communities we serve.
Logan Simpson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. No staff member or applicant is ever denied equal opportunity or discriminated against because of race (including hair style), color, religion (includes religious dress and grooming practices), sex, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, parental status, sexual orientation, marital status, political affiliation or belief, military or veteran status, or any other prohibited factor, including equal pay for staff members who perform equal work. Staff members are recruited, hired, and promoted based on the individual who is the most qualified for that particular position.