Job DescriptionAlphanumeric are seeking a highly motivated, enthusiastic and skilled in vivo scientist in Upper Providence, PA, to support the in vivo preclinical experimental needs of the group and scientific partners.
This position will provide these opportunities:
• Execute studies with the team according to protocol, including operation of various pieces of equipment.
• Learn and apply techniques (e.g., PK, PK/PD, efficacy models, imaging, safety, etc.) with minimal guidance.
• Responsible for IACUC awareness, animal handling with multiple species and study types, dosing, necropsy, blood collection, etc.
• Use good data integrity practices and management tools.
• Contribute to effort tracking and metrics reports.
• Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
• Support animal care and monitoring during experiments.
• Assure proper record keeping and timely entry systems.
• Comply with and demonstrate a thorough understanding of regulatory and safety guidelines (e.g., SOP's, R&D Safety Policies, etc.).
• Make appropriate use of personal protective equipment and adhere to conduct that affords protection from work related hazards. Attend or complete all required training.
This position requires that all workers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and proof of vaccination will be required. Considerations will be made for those seeking Medical Exemption under ADA or Religious exemption under Title VII#7443
* BS in biology, laboratory animal science, physiology or related field is preferred.
* 1-3 years' experience working with standard laboratory animals (such as nonhuman primates and rodents) and a working familiarity with laboratory procedures and processes.
* Experience and knowledge of anesthesia and anesthesia monitoring in common laboratory animal species is preferred.
* Positive interpersonal skills and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
* Good oral and written communication skills and the ability to plan and organize effectively.