Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit www.guidehouse.com.Responsibilities
We are seeking an individual to drive growth and customer satisfaction in Guidehouse's Energy Providers Practice through crafting, selling, and at times overseeing delivery of Utilities infrastructure resiliency opportunities to support our Energy Provider clients in navigating the evolving transition to a clean, distributed, and customer-centric energy system.
The Account Director-ES&I North Market
will drive the identification and building of new, transformational offerings for our Energy Provider clients as they relate to energy system resilience within the Bulk Electric System. The Account Director-ES&I North Market
will be responsible for identifying trends at the cutting edge of infrastructure resilience strategy, assisting with the development of the solutions Guidehouse will employ to support energy clients, assisting with associated business development activities, and managing the delivery of client engagements. You will collaborate with other Guidehouse Segment teams and work with external alliance partners on matters related to infrastructure resilience. Infrastructure Resilience opportunities could include among other assisting clients improve their restoration and reconstruction processes.
The Account Director-ES&I North Market
will lead sell and deliver projects to evaluate extreme natural disasters as well as climate change physical risk, supporting the development of resilience investment/adaptation programs, supporting clients with cost recovery regulatory filing and stakeholder engagement, and implement capital investment programs.
Our team members manage their own tasks, schedules, internal / external networks, and project teams carrying out business and technical analyses to deliver high quality client work. Our consultants must demonstrate considerable business acumen and focus on maximizing client value.Responsibilities:
- Developing/expanding long-term client relationships in the North region that will lead to repeat business, meeting and exceeding sales targets set.
- Working in concert with Account Leaders, Solutions team, and other team members to sell and deliver solutions and strategies related to infrastructure and energy system resilience, covering both electric and gas utilities
- Building deep trusted advisor relationships with key Utility client stakeholders.
- Collaborating with senior consulting professionals in our delivery and solutions teams across Guidehouse to incorporate a broader range of Guidehouse offerings into infrastructure opportunities within our Energy Provider clients.
- Leading the development (architecture and design) of infrastructure resilience solutions.
- Supporting the development of the go-to-market strategy, sale, and delivery of engagements with clients to identify, analyze, and support the development of risk and resilience engagements.
- Applying knowledge of infrastructure planning, engineering, operations, and restoration to support the design of client deliverables.
- Serving as a utility risk and resilience subject matter expert for client workshops, sales, and delivery.
- Developing methodologies to assess the economic and financial impacts of climate change risk, and to develop implementable resiliency programs.
- Contributing to the development of highly visible thought leadership to support the growth of Guidehouse's brand in the space of risk and resilience.
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Business Administration, Economics, Policy or Finance.
- Must have 10+ years of professional work experience with utilities or utility consulting organizations excluding internships, co-ops, graduate research, and fellowships.
- Executive level energy/utility experience with a deep background and understanding of infrastructure and resiliency trends within the Bulk Electric System (BES).
- Demonstrable experience leading business development (writing proposals, identifying opportunities to expand the scope or provide additional services while delivering a project to a client)
- Demonstrable experience delivering operations process improvement, organizational assessments, technology assessment, and experience in disaster response/infrastructure resilience for Energy Provider organizations.
- Demonstratable analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstratable verbal and written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Demonstrable experience managing, coaching, and mentoring staff
- Proven track record managing complex projects and delivering high-quality outputs
- Ability to extract insights and meaning from qualitative and quantitative information and translate into strategic advice for clients
- Ability to travel extensively as needed
- No sponsorship available for this position.
- Program/Project and Change management experience (PMP certification)
- Process improvement experience (Lean Six Sigma certification)
- Technology/Systems implementation (agile methodology)
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- This role is open virtually to candidates from New York, NY.
- The salary range for this role is $135,600 USD to $217,000 USD may vary depending on degree, directly relevant work experience and physical location.
Guidehouseis an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contactGuidehouseRecruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email atRecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation. Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouseoffers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program