Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures, and markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ - BCPC) with annual revenues over $700 million and a market cap exceeding $4.0 billion. The company consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company into global market leadership positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit www.balchem.com ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Support all facility safety and environmental programs
- Coordinate and oversee environmental operations to ensure regulatory compliance and permit renewals.
- Oversee waste disposal programs.
- Ensure that industrial operations are following local, state changing regulations.
- Perform regular site inspections for environment compliances.
- Establishes and maintains up to date environmental procedures, SOP's, labels, manifests and training requirements.
- Responsible for collecting environmental samples and data collection.
- Identify root causes of environmental problems and propose appropriate action plans.
- Work with cross-functional teams to maintain environmental management and monitoring programs.
- Provides recommendations and assists plant management in improving environmental procedures.
- Ensures up to date emergency contingency plans, and SDS requirements are maintained.
- Maintain supplies of environmental equipment and coordinates employee training.
- Reviews capital projects and plant alterations to ensure compliance with all environmental requirements.
- Prepares environmental and compliance reports as required by management and outside organizations.
- Works with outside environmental organizations to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements. Serves as a contact responsible for assisting with Environmental audits and agencies.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Geoscience, Physical Science, Environmental Science or a closely related field required.
- 5+ years' experience working in EHS or related fields to Environmental.
- 2 years project management experience is required, (3) years preferred.
- Three (3) years of compliance/environmental regulatory and permitting related work history is preferred.
- Previous environmental experience preferred, including but not limited to, RCRA, SPCC and NPDES.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification strongly preferred.
- Title V air permit experience preferred.
- PE license preferred
- Good project management skills and the ability to effectively multi-task and manage complex operations, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills and able to conduct employee training as required by regulatory agencies.
- Effective communication skills both oral and written.
Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values and promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and a work environment free of harassment and hostility.