Job DescriptionEnvironmental Health and Safety ManagerAbout the Company
Established in Taiwan in 1974, Foxconn Technology Group (Foxconn) is the world's largest electronics manufacturer. A Fortune 20 company and leading technological solutions provider, Foxconn continuously leverages its expertise in software and hardware to integrate its unique manufacturing systems with emerging technologies. By capitalizing on its expertise in Cloud Computing, Mobile Devices, IoT, Big Data, AI, Smart Networks, and Robotics / Automation, the Group has expanded its capabilities into the development of new key industries (electric vehicles, digital health and robotics) and emerging technologies (AI, semiconductors and next-generation communications), which are key to driving its long-term growth strategy and the expansion of Foxconn's four core product pillars: Consumer Products, Enterprise Products, Computing Products, and Components and Others.
FEWI Development Corporation is a Foxconn company responsible for the development and management of Foxconn's Wisconn Valley Science & Technology Park. About the Job
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager will implement policies to ensure a safe and healthy work environment at facilities located within Foxconn's Wisconn Valley Science & Technology Park. The EHS Manager will also support the Americas Region Management Center to coordinate the rollout of corporate industrial safety policies and initiatives across manufacturing sites located in the U.S., Mexico, and Brazil.Job Responsibilities
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Inspect and verify company compliance with policies and laws pertaining to environmental and safety regulations
- Develop and implement inspection policies and procedures, and manage schedule of routine inspections.
- Develop health and safety procedures for all areas of the company.
- Prepare and schedule trainings to cover emergency procedures, workplace safety, and other relevant topics
- Monitor compliance with all relevant safety procedures
- Draft inspection reports to document inspection findings
- Ensure that material safety data sheets are maintained and readily accessible when needed
- Monitor the removal of biological, physical, or chemical hazards from a workplace
- Provide safety training for employees on policies, regulations, and procedures
- Maintain accurate and current records in accordance with EHS guidelines
- Analyze incident reports, metrics, and injury case studies in order to institute changes that lead to a safer environment
- Monitor compliance to policies and laws by inspecting employees and operations
- Inspect equipment and machinery to observe possible unsafe conditions
- Investigate accidents or incidents to discover causes through root cause analysis
- Recommend solutions to issues, improvement opportunities, or new prevention measures
- Assist in the promotion and coordinated implementation of industrial safety policies and regulations as set by the Corporate Industrial Safety Division across various manufacturing sites in the Americas Region (US, Mexico, Brazil).
- Collect excellent cases, industry literature, and research results from Foxconn sites, industry competitors, and safety organizations in the Americas (US, Mexico, Brazil), and share the available methods and summaries with the Corporate Industrial Safety Division.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Proven experience as a safety manager
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. environmental regulations and policies.
- Familiarity with the industrial safety laws and major regulations of other countries in the Americas Region (Mexico, Brazil).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Mandarin, including strong presentational and reporting skills
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills, including the ability to take control of projects, remain calm when facing challenges, implement effective supervision, and ensure adherence to schedules and deadlines
- Strong sense of responsibility and initiative to provide timely feedback and follow up to rectify problems
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in technology and equipment used in environmental inspections.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Safety, Occupational Health and Safety, Chemical Engineering or related field required; Master's degree preferred.
- 5-10 years of related experience preferred
- Safety management experience in large multinational or Fortune 500 electronics, machinery manufacturing, chemical, or automotive industries
- Industrial safety and electrical/mechanical-related certifications are a plus
Foxconn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Foxconn complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.Equal opportunity for disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, other Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, and persons with disabilities.
- Physically able to conduct inspections and carry equipment used for inspections.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at a time.
Employment with Foxconn requires an employment background screen. We are a drug free workplace.
Powered by JazzHR