Job DescriptionJob Description:
- Travel required throughout the United States to train clients and to implement, troubleshoot, and service laboratory equipment.
- Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Provide technical support to clients by telephone, email, etc.
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards and procedures.
- Laboratory testing of products to verify product compliance to quality standard.
- Maintain quality results by running standards and controls, verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting.
- Calibrate equipment utilizing approved testing procedures; monitoring quality control measures and protocols.
- Document information by maintaining logs and equipment records.
- Resolve problems by examining and evaluating data and selecting corrective steps.
- Complete projects by assisting project team; attending and participating in group and project meetings.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and FDA and CLIA regulations.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
Company Benefits Include:
- Bachelor's degree required in Biology, Chemistry, or related field.
- Good Technical Ability in a Laboratory Setting.
- Skillful with Laboratory Tools and Instruments.
- Multitask and Work Well in a Group Environment.
- Excellent Organizational Skills.
- Computer Skills, including Windows, Excel, Word, etc.
- Listening and Good Verbal Communication Skills.
- Friendly Personality.
- Dynex instrumentation experience a plus
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Health / Dental / Vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid Personal Days
- Paid Sick Days
Company DescriptionTheraTest provides diagnostic products to clinicians and laboratory professionals worldwide. Our team is dedicated to improving patient outcomes by delivering innovative diagnostic solutions.