This is a remote position.
Global Systems Technologies is seeking a qualified Environmental safety and Occupational Health (ESOH) Subject Matter Expert (SME)
GST is looking for someone to review, analyze and prepare contractor, sub-contractor and customer program submits, including accident risk assessment reports; preliminary hazard analyses, system hazard analyses, tracking system and system inspection checklists, ground and range safety and orbital safety procedures and accident and incident investigation analyses; reviews and analyzes program development documentation for new and ongoing program including design criteria, specification and drawing, test operations and maintenance procedures, safety equipment and personal protective clothing, trade-off studies and siting plans; conducts independent and complex analyses to evaluate system design, accident risk factors and hazard energy sources and recommends major abatement or mitigation actions to prevent or correct safety hazards; prepares test plans, monitors results and prepares final test reports; conducts special analyses as directed.
Duties included work planning, special assignments, scheduling, and providing guidance to subordinates on technical and administrative matters. Review inspection reports and ergonomics surveys ensuring accuracy and providing recommendations. Examine and evaluate organizational safety program management based on knowledge of OSHA, State, DoD, and other Federal Safety Standards as they relate to the installation's ground safety program.
Able to carefully assess full scope of mission requirements and develop achievable safety goals through the use of the Enterprise Safety Application Management System (ESAMS). Comfortable briefing all organizational tiers and well versed at decision making justification for plan development and execution.
General Responsibilities :
- Analyze Safety Equipment
- Ensuring consistent compliance with all applicable safety requirements during an investigation pertaining to, law, regulations, orders, policies and procedures.
- Investigate mishap, property damage and near miss incidents to engage in the series of events and gain an understanding of the causes to advance towards the effective actions to mitigate or eradicate the hazards.
- Advise numerous Commands and Units on safety issues involving recreation and off-duty safety, mishap prevention and controls, the use and care of personal protective equipment,
- Provide recommendations regarding the areas of environmental, system safety, safety, and occupational health for acquisition areas of responsibility (e.g., safety releases, risk acceptances, regulatory guidance, etc.), and verify that DoD programs adhere to regulations and best practices such as DoDI 5000.02 and MIL-STD-882.
- Provide independent analysis of programmatic ESOH efforts, approving safety releases, ensuring ESOH efforts are integrated into overall systems engineering activities, providing integrated logistics assessments and milestone and fielding recommendations, providing subject matter expert (SME) review and recommendations for acquisition program safety requirement.
- Requires Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent experience and two to four years of related experience.
- Deep DoDI 5000.02 and MIL-STD 882 safety guidance and best practices Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Regulations knowledge, and proven experience with.
- National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA)
- Comply with the Occupational Safety and Health Agency (OSHA) Standards IAW CFR 1910 and the requirements of individual Task Orders.
Contingent Upon Contract Award.
BenefitsGST has an excellent and comprehensive benefits package with lots of extras and perks. We will provide details to qualified applicants.