: Microbiology ManagerTYPE
: Direct HireLOCATION
: Jericho, NYONSITE/REMOTE/HYBRID
: OnsiteSTART DATE
: November/December 2022SHIFT
We are looking for a Microbiology Manager with a state-licensed CLT and supervisory experience.MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will manage a team of clinical microbiology technologists or technicians performing microbiology-based procedures.
- You provide technical support and assistance for bench testing and maintaining the department's operations. Execute required protocols for verification and validation and be part of a cross-functional team to migrate tests into production.
- Maintain the QA/QC compliance for tests and carry out CAP and other proficiency survey specimens as needed.
- Verify all laboratory equipment is maintained and in working order, following appropriate laboratory safety protocols.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems, ensuring corrective actions are taken when systems deviate from the laboratory's performance specifications.
- Oversee staff performance, ensuring they meet expectations, and do coaching, performance review, and counseling when needed.
- Achieve department goals for service, quality, regulatory compliance, financial, patient satisfaction, and personnel management.
- Assures that laboratory supplies are maintained and ordered as needed, and sufficient inventory is available for anticipated test volumes.
- BS in Medical Technology, Molecular Biology, Biotechnology, or related field; with 6 years experience at a laboratory, or Master's in Chemical, Physical, or Biological Sciences or related field; with 4 years experience at a laboratory.
- At least 2 years of management experience.
- Licensed by New York State Education Department (NYSED) as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist, required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law.