The EHS Specialist
plays a key role in meeting all compliance requirements and coordination of various EHS programs. This position is critical in supporting the EHS function to drive improved EHS and overall facility results that meet or exceeds company standards and expectations regarding safety, quality, performance/productivity and overall operational efficiency. This position will provide the critical daily administration of the EHS function and linkage of training and focused employee interaction for improved processes. The scope of the position demands cross-functional involvement in all areas of the operation. Performance in this position is directly proportional to sustaining long-term success in the operation.
- Develop and deliver all EHS training programs and ensure all training materials are in compliance with OSHA, ISO, OHSAS, and the Business Management System standards and overall safety in the workplace
- Administration and coordination of all EHS processes and procedures to include ISO 14001 & ISO45001, BBS, SMS, EMS JHA and emergency response programs
- Proactively identify training gaps and develop training programs that support facility needs and efforts to support the needs of the operation to effectively balance and improve safety, quality and overall efficiency
- Manage Workers Compensation case management and documentation, post accident/injury investigations for all employees and ensure compliance, proper coordination and execution of benefits by working closely with the Third Party Administrator to ensure timely and accurate resolution of claims
- Maintain facility/ legal compliance of postings, documentation, reporting and procedures.
- Ensure Accident Reports are completed timely and accurately and ensure proper coordination with Occupational Medicine, supervisors and employees regarding appointments, restrictions, etc.
- Complete all required state and federal reporting to include OSHA Logs and reporting
- Provide timely data, reporting, communications and trend analysis for identification into safety opportunities and implementation into safety initiatives
- Develop facility safety and wellness programs and be a key contributor in the identification and problem solving activities that drive improved EHS results through methods such as Value Stream Mapping exercises and Kaizen Events.
- Work closely with staff and associates to identify safety opportunities and recommend appropriate resolutions which may include the development of appropriate training programs and needs
- Ensure accident reviews on all accidents, injuries, and near misses are conducted and facilitate discussions with the safety committee in resolutions to safety opportunities.
- Conduct facility safety audits, hazard assessments and PPE compliance audits
- Knowledgeable on the proper Federal/State waste management and disposal procedures including: identifying waste materials, training others on the proper safety guidelines, conducting risk assessments on hazardous materials, and the evaluation and coordination of storage and handling of hazardous waste
We are an equal opportunity employer. EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
- B.S. degree in related discipline (Occupational Safety, Safety Sciences, and/or Environmental Engineering)
- 8+ years of related EHS experience in lieu of degree
- Broad EHS knowledge of 4+ years industry experience preferred
- Specialized knowledge of Federal and State environmental health and safety regulations and requirements to include workers compensation, RCRA, EPCRA, TSCA, NPDES, CAA, PSM/RMP, SPPP/SPCC, DOT, OSHA and EPA
Company DescriptionBOLZONI AURAMO Inc. is active in the design, production and distribution of a full range of lift truck attachments and industrial material handling equipment for the U.S. market. The latest production methods and technology together with personnel expertise allow BOLZONI AURAMO Inc. to adapt to the most various and demanding customer requirements.
BOLZONI AURAMO Inc.'s commitment to always provide the most suitable product and handling solutions for our customers over the years has resulted in close cooperation with all the main fork lift truck manufacturers. BOLZONI AURAMO Inc. supplies a wide range of products including integral and hook-on side shifters, fork positioners, paper roll clamps, bale clamps, carton clamps, push pulls, multi-pallet handlers, rotators and forks.