Job DescriptionMonroe Staffing
, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions
is currently hiring an Environmental, Health and Safety Specialist (EH&S Specialist) f
or a food manufacturing facility located in Lynn, MA.
The ideal candidate must have an associate degree and food manufacturing experience. Fluent in Spanish is a must. Primary role consists of overseeing the facility and reassuring all safety and security programs are maintained.Responsibilities of a EH&S Specialist:
Requirements of a EH&S Specialist:
- Develop and lead safety programs across the business. Conduct safety activities with staff
- Audit and review safety procedures to reduce risk
- Track and report metrics of safety incidents and worker's compensation claims
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and leadership
- Analyze OSHA and workers' compensation injury and illness records
- Lead a robust and active Safety Committee
- Monitor EH&S federal, state, and local regulatory requirements and risk initiatives
- Participate in company-wide special projects as required
- Associate degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science, Engineering, or related field
- 2 years manufacturing experience preferably in the food industry
- Basic data entry skill required
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels
- Strong knowledge of OSHA, state, and federal regulations
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail, well organized and able to juggle many projects at once
- Comfortable moving at a fast-paced environments
- Positive attitude and motivated by contributing to the overall success of the team
- Able to develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to solve problems and lead a team
- Experience working in temperature-controlled settings.
- Ability to lift roughly 25 lbs.
- Possible travel is required for this position.