We are interviewing for a full-time Environmental Compliance Project Manager for our Houston office location. Candidates should have a minimum of 5 to 10 years of total experience with 5 years of dedicated environmental compliance consulting experience with a focus primarily in waste, wastewater, and annual compliance reporting. Candidates should also have at least 2 years of consulting project management experience.Position Overview
This position will perform work for and manage a variety of environmental consulting projects. Applicants should have experience with most or all of the following regulatory areas:
- Waste management (e.g., waste characterization, annual waste reporting, waste minimization/P2 Plans);
- Wastewater permitting and compliance;
- Chemical management and reporting (e.g., Tier II, TRI reporting, TSCA); and
- Multi-media environmental compliance auditing.
Candidates should have experience managing tasks in environmental compliance projects, scoping and budgeting for proposals, and communicating with internal and external clients to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. We strongly encourage potential candidates to apply if they feel confident that they could be successful in the role. Responsibilities:
- Develop scope and budget on various environmental compliance projects;
- Manage and complete compliance consulting projects as required by customers accurately and on time;
- Develop high quality work products and provide QC review of both personal work and work produced by team members;
- Effectively communicate information with internal and external customers;
- Develop and maintain trusting professional relationships with team members as well as our clients;
- Promote Spirit externally to our clients and help grow our services and revenue by marketing our services to potential clients; and
- Continue to learn and grow while also mentoring/training other team members.
- Demonstrates skills including servant leadership, time management, problem solving, critical thinking, and decision making;
- Candidates should have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to perform site inspections and/or sampling as required;
- Fundamental math and science competencies (e.g., unit conversions, use of formulas, data evaluation);
- Proficiency with MS Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint) and time/expense tracking software;
- Proficiency with software and tools applicable to your project and areas of expertise;
- Advanced understanding of relevant regulations related to their tasks, projects, and client operations (e.g., RCRA, CWA, EPCRA, etc.);
- Depth of technical competencies necessary to solve problems and scope new jobs accurately and completely; and
- Breadth of technical competencies necessary to work with multiple industries and/or multiple clients within a large industry (e.g., upstream and midstream oil and natural gas, chemical manufacturers, refineries, building materials).
- B.S. or above in chemical, civil, or environmental engineering, or a related scientific discipline;
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of total experience with 5 years of dedicated environmental consulting experience and at least 2 years of consulting project management experience;
- Proven project management skills with multiple environmental compliance projects;
- Effective time management skills and ability to run multiple projects simultaneously;
- A high level of professional ethics;
- Social skills and professionalism necessary to establish and maintain long-term working relationships with clients and co-workers;
- Ability to work additional hours as needed to meet workload/client demands; and
- Ability to travel and perform field work for projects when needed. Limited in-state and out-of-state travel (up to 10%).
Spirit offers competitive salaries and outstanding full-time employee benefits. Noteworthy benefits include opportunities for quarterly bonuses; automatic company contributions to employee 401(k) accounts; and 100% payment of all employee medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums, as well as a predetermined portion of premiums elected for any dependents. Spirit follows a hybrid office schedule with 2 in-office days per week and every other Friday as a â€œflexâ€ day off. Our PTO policy is outstanding, and we provide all of our employees with the opportunity to participate in our cellphone plan, Wellness Program, Volunteer Committees (Humanitarian, Wellness, and Sustainability) and much more. Spirit has been a carbon-neutral company since 2019, has an internal Sustainability Management Plan, and pays for public transportation for Denver team members.
If this opportunity inspires you and our Core Values (People, Integrity, Continuous Improvement, and Excellence) resonate with you, then apply today!
Spirit Environmental is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Spirit does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.