Job DescriptionCompany Description
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion - a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients. We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business. We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts - planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers - leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let's get started. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job DescriptionAECOM's
is actively seeking a self-motivated Senior Environmental Planner to join our Arizona transportation planning team, providing technical expertise and managing environmental tasks for public and private transportation and infrastructure clients throughout our US West Region. The ideal candidate should have an established and successful history of executing and managing the environmental review process for small and large-scale projects.At AECOM, we're delivering a better world.
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it's improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We're one global team - 47,000 strong - driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Providing subject matter expertise in the regulatory compliance processes of NEPA, Clean Water Act Endangered Species Act, and other federal, state, and local environmental regulations.
- Managing and preparing National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents.
- Performing/overseeing environmental technical studies and report preparation.
- Facilitating public and agency outreach.
- Overseeing all aspects of environmental projects including cost estimates, schedule, and budget.
- Working with an interdisciplinary team of technical specialists and managing their project-delivery efforts.
- Providing support and mentorship to junior staff.
- Assisting with proposals and business development.
QualificationsMinimum Requirements :
Preferred Qualifications :
- BA/BS in Environmental Sciences, Planning, Geography, or related fields plus minimum of eight (8) years combined experience in project management and NEPA compliance.
- Valid Drivers License
- Masters preferred in Urban Planning, Geography, Landscape Architecture, Environmental Sciences, Economics, or related fields
- Demonstrated technical writing and communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience with environmental review and compliance requirements in Arizona.
- Technical background and expertise in a NEPA discipline, such as cultural resources, noise, air quality, biology, Clean Water Act permitting.
- Experience with State and local transportation agencies, and their environmental policies and practices are preferred.
- Local client relationships.
This position can be based in either the Phoenix or Tucson office locations.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
- This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
- Relocation assistance is not provided for this role.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work. Whether you're working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
With infrastructure investment accelerating worldwide, our services are in great demand, and there's never been a better time to be at AECOM! Join us, and you'll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm - access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We're the world's trusted global infrastructure firm, and we're in this together - your growth and success are ours too.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Join us and let's get started.