The Olefins & Polyolefins Americas business segment is seeking a Business Consultant to provide business units, functional units and senior management with economic, market, industry, process and technology analysis necessary to understand and improve performance. The incumbent serves as the focal point for preparing the long range plan, evaluating strategic opportunities and risks, and tracking performance improvement progress. Other activities include evaluating and preparing recommendations and presentations related to commercial opportunities, market/product/customer/plant profitability, strategic marketing and sourcing decisions, capital projects, revenue growth/cost reduction, and industry data compilation/interpretation/analysis. The incumbent assists other Business Finance members and the O&P Americas Leadership Team often through the process of contributing to a joint work product. The incumbent will be a key member of the Asset Improvement and Profitability Assessment teams.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Business Consultant coordinates and supports the various stages of planning and decision making processes including the development of SBAs; Execution Plans; market and other business inputs into the Long Range Plan and Budget and Business Performance Management.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering or Business required. MBA preferred
- Thorough understanding of corporate finance, financial modeling and analytical tools (IRR, NPV, payback, EVA, etc.)
- Strong analytical, evaluation, and judgment skills - demonstrated ability to handle complex, and often ambiguous analytical and evaluation assignments, including development of models used across the organization
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills consistent with a client group that includes Senior Managers & Executives
- Five years of relevant chemical industry experience preferred
- Advanced PC skills, including spreadsheets, database, graphics, statistical forecasting and modeling. Good information technology skills needed to access company data.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to work effectively as a team member, and achieve results through the contributions of other people both within and outside of the immediate organization
- 2+ years of prior experience with data visualization and dashboard development
#LI-MK2 | #LI-Hybrid
Builds effective teams
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2022, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the "World's Most Admired Companies" for the fifth consecutive year.
We have the potential - and responsibility - to use this scale and reach to make a positive impact across our value chains. That's why we are working to make meaningful progress to address some of the world's most pressing challenges such as reducing plastic waste in the environment, helping to mitigate climate change and contributing to a thriving society for our employees, the communities where we operate and the people who depend on our products. To learn more, click here.Nearest Major Market: